Monday, June 4, 2018

What shall we put on?


Along my journey, I’ve found writing out the scriptures help cement them into my brain. Today’s scripture writing included this verse:

Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.” John 14:21 NLT


Christ has done so much for me, the least I can do is to obey what He tells me. And what He tells me to do is do-able!

Loving God means keeping his commandments, and his commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3 NLT

I’m reminded of an awesome quote from Elisabeth Elliot's Daily Devotional that I had to share:
"Put on Christ. The act of honest obedience--the fruit of love for Christ--is your part. Making you Christlike through and through is his part."

It's like a light bulb went off in my head: It's His job to make me Christlike! It's not up to me! 




That's my problem a lot of times anyway ... thinking that it's all up to me .... am I the only one that gets caught up in that kind of thinking? Often, I carry the weight of the world on my shoulders when it is not mine to carry in the first place.

To sum it up:
·        My job is to obey.
·        His job is to make me Christlike.

*Adapted from an earlier post …


I am so honored you dropped by the Journey, today!

I don't want you to miss a post, so why not sign up to subscribe. It's easy-peasy. Just enter your email address in the sidebar right above my profile.

If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking one of the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.
Linking up with Inspire Me Monday

5 comments:

  1. It's His job to make me Christlike! Yes! Why do we sometimes think it's all up to us? Our part is to obey and trust and He will change us. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey friend, visiting from Anita's linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to start my day with the scripture you chose. I too think it is all up to me. Taking a breath in this beautiful morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen. Now I'm singing Trust and Obey...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always think I have everything together (I don't). Obedience can be difficult for us Type-A Marthas! But I'm learning to listen and to trust and obey!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.