Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Six Quirky Things


I may or may not have mentioned I’ve been blogging for ten years. Ten years of baring my soul and still ideas pop up!

Every once in awhile, I like to go back and read old posts. Some are cringe-worthy, some make me chuckle as I re-read, and others, I greet like long-lost friends.



Today, for kicks, I’m sharing one of the chuckly ones. I joined in once at a blog party where we were encouraged to share six quirky things about ourselves.

I am totally quirky so I quickly jotted down my list. My only problem was narrowing them down to six. It was also fun to realize these things are still pretty much true about me – well, except for number 3.

1. I can't hear without my glasses on. I know it sounds crazy but the minute I take my glasses off, conversations become muffled and I have no idea what is being said.

2. However, this DOES not mean that I am a lip reader. Far from it. When my granny was alive, she used to mouth words at me from across the church. I would have no clue what she was saying. I'd think she was saying, "this is a really hot summer!" I would nod my head in agreement, all the while wondering why that was so important to tell me during church. Turns out she was asking if I wanted to come to dinner.

3. If I really get tickled at something, my laugh will turn into a wheeze. The funnier I think the situation is, the more asthmatic I sound. (Ten years later, I’m noticing this is not as true as it was. Can I breathe better? Or, is it I’m not having as many belly laughs???)

4. I embarrass myself at funerals because random thoughts will appear in my brain and I get tickled. I am a "full-body laugher", so even though I am trying to squelch the laughter inside, my whole person will shake with trying to keep the giggles inside. I inherited this malady from my aunt; therefore, I have forbidden myself to sit anywhere near her at funerals -- or weddings. It's just ridiculous to see two women shaking and turning red during a solemn occasion.

5. I love to randomly belt out a line from this song: "Love is a many splendored thing" as I do things around the house. I also like to pretend to be the Everly Brothers and sing, "You say you're going to leave me, you know it's a lie, so tell me why, baby, why, baby, why baby why-y-y!" 

See, my family gets free entertainment, but do they appreciate it?

6. I love to read -- not just interesting books and magazines but important things like labels, the backs of cereal boxes, all the print on shampoo bottles whilst in the shower, road signs, license plates, etc. In fact, I am usually so busy reading license plates that I never see the drivers of vehicles. Which is why I am known for passing my relatives on the road and never noticing them.

What about YOU? Do you have any quirks you’d like to share with the world-wide web? Inquiring minds want to know! Leave a comment and we will commiserate together.

*adapted from an earlier post

I’m honored you stopped by the Journey today!

I don't want you to miss a post, so why not sign up to subscribe. It's easy-peasy. Just enter your email address in the sidebar right above my profile.

If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking one of the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.
~~~
Linking up at Char's Trekking Through the Week because laughter makes the trek easier!

6 comments:

  1. Those were fun exercises in bloggy past.
    I've been known to talk in lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 years! A decade! This is worth a celebration! Congrats, Jerralea ...

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! 10 years! I wish I had known about blogging 10 years ago. I think I'll always feel like a newby. So good that you've persevered and have found so many good things to say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun your quirks are. the one about your grandmother talking in church cracked me up.
    and the one about your aunt and you laughing at funerals. that was me and my sister Hope once. OMGOODNESS.....then when i studied Psych i learned that it is often our body/brain's way of coping with the grief! i have one quirk i don't think i've shared on the blog although i do remember doing these way back when blogging first became a thing: i HAVE to have ice in a glass at dinner. doesn't matter what the drink is...i HAVE to have ice. this was a HUGE problem for me in Rome ITaly last summer where those people do NOT SERVE ICE!!! omgoodness. Yup...even in white wine i've been known to slip in an ice cube if it's during dinner. weird I know. We finally found a little vegan cafe outside the Vatican City where we could get CRUSHED ICE SMOOTHIES. i was in heaven. hahahah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, those were fun. I have a quirk when I get into bed. I have to flip the pillow over and it has to flip from bottom to top. Don't ask me why, it just does. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny! I do have a few quirks - my family would say more than a few! I have to have containers for everything - bags for projects, mini pouches to organize my purse..you name it! I also belt out songs - rather loudly - and startle whoever is around me! Thanks for sharing such a chuckly post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.