Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Least favorite ....

Recently, I wrote about my favorite part of my day, so naturally that leads to the thought, "What is the least favorite part of my day?"

It's a toss-up.

It it when that alarm clock blares and I somehow have to come up with the intestinal fortitude to drag myself from my warm cocoon built of blankets and sleeping hubby to face the day?



Or is it when at day's end I've mustered up the strength to cook forty-'leven entrees and sides and virtually messed up all the cooking equipment in my kitchen; and I realize it must all be cleaned up and restored?

Or maybe it's that 3 p.m. crash when I'm caught between the tension of feeling drained and wondering how I will ever get through making dinner tonight and my natural euphoria of crossing off the to-do items, all the while convinced I am Superwoman, and I can. Do. All. The. Things. Hear me roar!

Obviously, I'm low on energy! Or delusional.

Seriously, the least favorite parts of the day in the overall scheme of things are just a blip in the radar. They don't last long.

I'm able to drag myself out every day, albeit I do hit the snooze button a couple times.

I do take a deep breath and start right in on clean-up after dinner because with me, it's now or never. Soon it is done. (And hubby is awesome at unloading the dishwasher after my head hits the pillow and I'm catching some zzzz's)

The 3 p.m. crash? If I take a walk, drink some sweet tea, and power through, I always make it.

Life is good. Those least favorites are really nothing when you look at the overall picture.

What's YOUR least favorite part of your day?


~~~

I'm linking this post at the community at #TrekkingThruTheWeek.

3 comments:

  1. There is so much I would rather be doing at home that dragging myself out the door to go to my JOB is the least favorite part of my day. As I drive teh 20 minutes to work I think of all the things I have to do after work that I could get done during the day!... But then, I am thankful for the steady paycheck these past 17 years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that start right in really helps turn things around. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well i actually LOVE My job....my career as a special ed teacher...i really do...and yes in the winter months it is sometimes a drag to get out of bed but I love to see what God is gonna do with each day. When we live FOR HIM it is easy to get going....at least it is easy for me. MY LEAST FAVE part of the day (it seems to change with the different seasons of my life), currently is the 1:30 pm time. I technically get a 30 min (unpaid) break on the days I work from 8-3 but there is always so much to do in the classroom that i don't often take the break. I just work. And then when i DO take a break, i don't really relax....too much gossiping and swearing from other staff members.....so...that's currently my least fave time.

    I guess my other least fave is right after dinner because my husband isn't always super helpful in clearing the dining room table or offering to stack the dishes in the dishwasher. My oldest helps. He doesn't really. so....that time can be annoying. I'm trying to think of those chores as being something to be thankful for...like...look, at how easy us Americans have it..mosto f us have dishwashers or clean hot water...and it's a way to show i care for my family. It really is all in our attitudes, right?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.