Thursday, November 9, 2017

Strengthened - #9


For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13




My grandson likes to come up to me and curl his biceps and growl, "Look, MiMi, I strong!"

That's wonderful, but he doesn't get it from me. Physically speaking, I am not strong at all.

I hope to be strong spiritually, though. I can do that through Christ.

Many people take the above scripture out of context. Paul is talking about the ability to be content in whatever state he is in, be it one of abundance, or one of need. In the natural that is very hard to do; but Christ can give us strength to be content and to keep trusting no matter the circumstance.

Isn't it just like the Father to give us the strength we need to be content? He's a good, good Father, you know.



~~~


This is Day #9 of prompts from 30 Days of Thanks-Living. You can see the entire list at Crystal's An Invitation to 30 Days of Thanks-Living.

I'm linking at #ChasingCommunity.

3 comments:

  1. To be content is a real good thing from the Father...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandson is a strong one! Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spiritual strength. I like that distinction, Jerralea. So much strength in contentment, isn't there? Great perspective. Thank you for sharing. Nice to meet you! ((hug))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.