Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Faithful Love - #8


For the Lord is good.
    His unfailing love continues forever,
    and his faithfulness continues to each generation.

... Psalm 100:5


As much as I prayed and yearned to be a mom, I didn't really focus on becoming a grandmother.

For one thing, I thought, "Goodness, the way the world is going, who wants to bring more children in the world to worry about!" (I know ... bad attitude. I'm the girl that prayed, "Lord, please rapture the church before my kids become teenagers.)

I was looking at it wrong. We are living in exciting times. We might get to see with our own eyes the coming of the Lord!

No matter what the timetable is for the end times, God promises to be faithful to each generation. Each believer can rest assured of God's faithfulness no matter what era he or she might live in.

Scripture also tells us His love is unfailing. One of my favorite quotes is from Beth Moore's Praying God's Word (found on page 90):

Interestingly, the Word of God uses the phrase “unfailing love” thirty-two other times, and not one of them refers to any source other than God, Himself … Searching for perfect, unfailing love in anyone else is not only fruitless, it is miserably disappointing and destructive.

Only God can love unfailingly, and He promises to love us that way FOREVER.

My heart is full! Thank you, Lord!


~~~


This is Day #8 of prompts from 30 Days of Thanks-Living. You can see the entire list at Crystal's An Invitation to 30 Days of Thanks-Living.



1 comment:

  1. I just loved this Jerralea. I'm excited to be living in these times because I think it forces many of us on to our knees in prayer like never before!! Maranatha!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.