Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Grace - #7

But by the grace of God I am what I am, 
and His grace toward me was not in vain....
... 1 Corinthians 15:10

God created you to be uniquely you. No one else is just like you. No one could take your place!

I remember reading in Anne of Green Gables where Anne said she didn't talk to God for awhile when she discovered He made her with red hair ON PURPOSE. Of course, we, who've read the end of the book, know that Anne turned out to be gorgeous when she grew up.

We don't appreciate what we are, either, but God, who knows the end of the story, sees the masterpiece we will become.

By the grace of God, we don't remain as we are. As believers, we are a work in progress. The end result will look more like Jesus.

It's been said, "what we are is God's gift to us, what we become is our gift to God."

The truth is, we need His help in becoming. I'm thankful He's more than willing to help!

~~~


This is Day #7 of prompts from 30 Days of Thanks-Living. You can see the entire list at Crystal's An Invitation to 30 Days of Thanks-Living.

I'm also joining #HeartEncouragement Community LinkUp.

1 comment:

  1. "By the grace of God, we don't remain as we are. As believers, we are a work in progress. The end result will look more like Jesus." Amen! And all the things we experience play a part in our journey of life. He is with us, working in and through us each step of the way.

    Blessings to you! I'm your neighbor at #HeartEncouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.