Friday, October 6, 2017

This is My Story; What's Yours?




This is my story, this is my song,

Praising my Savior all the day long.

... Frances J. Crosby, "Blessed Assurance"

Ever since I became a believer, I've been learning to put my focus on praising Him instead of looking at my circumstances.

I believe true victory is to live in a state of praise.

Why?

Because God inhabits the praises of His people.

If I'm spending my time praising Him then I'm less likely to be attending a pity party.

Pity parties are the pits. No one attends them but you and the devil.

Other people don't want to hear your hard-luck story. (They'll just try to top yours with stories of their own!) 

If you are partying in pity, then you are wallowing in all the wish-I'd-dones, the if-onlies, and it's-not-fair thoughts.

Instead, be praising God for ordering your steps, supplying your every need, and being the all-sufficient One, the God of more than enough.

I want my story to be one of trusting God come-what-may.

Because His story is that He. Can. Be. Trusted.

What's your story?


~~~

This post was written in response to the prompt "story" found at Five Minute Friday. A whole tribe of writers are unleashing their talents to write for 5 minutes; go read their efforts here. (I was surprised to visit the link-up and see that our hostess, Kate Motaung, had used the same portion of Blessed Assurance for her FMF offering as well. I make it a practice to never look at any other writer's blog until I've posted mine so as to be sure of originality. All I can say is "great minds think alike!")

I'm also linking up at Arabah Joy's Grace&Truth

5 comments:

  1. Visiting as your FMF neighbor. Good job. Pity parties ARE the pits. Whenever we focus on God -- through formal prayer or informal reliance -- we can't help but be re-focused! To God be the glory ... for your words, your story and your message of hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! He can be trusted! Amen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made me think of..
    ...and forget not all His benefits (A psalm and a song)
    Hope you are having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true - how much more the Lord is glorified in our praise...because He is so worthy of our praise!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.