Monday, October 9, 2017

What can I depend on?





Since the fourth day of creation, the sun and the moon have been doing their job. Sometimes you can't see them due to conditions in the atmosphere, but they are there.


Faithful. You can depend on them showing up.

It will be as permanent as the moon,
that faithful witness in the sky.”
Psalm 89:37 Good News Translation (GNT)

However, there is something you can depend on even more than the moon.

The Maker of the Moon.


And then went on to assure us that in His Holiness, it is impossible for Him to lie.

What more could we ask?

~~~

A couple weeks ago, the prompt for the Five Minute Friday bloggers was "depend." I wanted to participate but life got in the way ... 

I was deep in a study on Psalm 89 and felt the message of God keeping His covenant defined something we could depend on to the end, so I had to share even if it was too late to link-up with the FMF bunch.

What do YOU depend on?

~~~

I'm linking this post up at Soul Survival. Because you survive by depending on Him.

7 comments:

  1. 'On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand ...'

    Celebrating time well spent in the Psalms with you today, Jerralea.

    Blessings as we launch into yet another autumn week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jerralea! I think I rely on the love of family. My husband and children/grands mean so much to me. What a wonderful gift they are to me. And of course, I rely on the love and grace of Our Father. Without that, I can do nothing!
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is so, so good! I'm very thankful that He is dependable, because so often, I am not. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written. Thank God for His faithfulness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this post. I guess I tend to rely on my own emotional strength sometimes, or that of my husband's, but more and more with each passing year and focusing on being more Christ Centered, I am finding my self totally depending on my Savior Redeemer. I can't imagine doing life without God guiding my footsteps and those of my precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your beautiful writing combined with your wisdom in faith and heart for the Lord always give such encouragement to my own heart. And I know I am definitely not the only one as a reader of your sharings here... wow, the most profound points and reminders that make me feel like I can keep going no matter what the circumstances or struggle may be, only because God is forever to be trusted and is our constant. It is so easy to be caught up in my thoughts and emotions of a situation, but to focus on His promises brings such comfort and strength. Thank you so much for this. It also made me smile inside because you shared the words my mom reminded me of so often growing up- it is impossible for God to lie. Such precious truth. Thank you for giving me this to ponder and focus on more profoundly.

    I also had been meaning to stop by for awhile now to say thank you so much for your kind and upbuilding recent comments on a couple of posts. As with every comment you have ever left, they were such a delight and joy to read and to get to read what you shared♥ You are a true light and blessing, and I am so thankful to know you through blogging.

    Hugs and many blessings to you!
    Hoping you had a wonderful weekend :)
    Jazzmin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.