Thursday, October 5, 2017

Ch-Ch-Change



If there is a list of universal fears, the fear of change has to be in the top five, if not the top two. (I guess fear of death is worse ...)

There's been some discord in one of the churches where I work. I actually heard, with my own ears, a lady go into Pastor's office and tell him flat-out she wanted no changes. After all, her children turned out okay, so the church should treat children the way they always have.

Really? Her children are in their fifties! I do believe times are a little different.

Yes, the church should never change God's message but our methods might need some tweaking.

The truth is, life is change. It's never static. You are either growing or dying. 

I want to grow! If growth requires change, then let me at it. I know change can hurt, but being stuck hurts, too.

It is said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

We only have this one beautiful life. 

I don't want to waste mine using all my energy bucking change.

As a believer, I am trusting God to use whatever changes come into my life to work out something good.

Romans 8:28!


~~~


This post was inspired by Writer's Workshop challenge prompt #3. Write a blog post inspired by the word: change. You can join in by visiting Kat's blog, Mama's Losin' It.

I'm also sharing at the community at #FreshMarketFriday.

9 comments:

  1. There are different lists for "top 10 fears." Fear of Change is definitely on the list of Top 10 "fears that prevent people from getting ahead." On the list of the top 10 most common human fears: "public speaking in front of a group of people" is #1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how many of us immediately heard the David Bowie song upon reading that prompt? Probably nearly all. I don't like change, but I know it's inevitable and often for the best. I still can't embrace the Millennial norm of changing jobs every few years, but that's probably because when I was still working every day was a surprise. Some jobs are like that, and you learn to just roll with the punches while staying true to your own principles and priorities. I'm an oddball, though. I wouldn't mind rolling out of bed and speaking to a thousand people in my pajamas from my front porch if needed. As long as no one had brought along their pet snake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to fear change...when I was unsure of my place in God's Kingdom...but now I actually LOVE change but some of that is because of my husband who is always up for change and moving forward. Our senior pastor says this almost EVERY WEEK! (ok...well every month at least)...."the message here at Grace Fellowship stays the same, but the methods will need change". We believe in being vibrant, active, constantly seeking what God wants for us and our body of Believers.....we have only been there 12 years and have seen quite a few changes...all for furthering the kingdom and making "more and better disciples" (another fave saying of Pastor Rex's :) GREAT post Jerralea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything healthy grows, morphs, changes. Jerralea, thanks for the encouragement to banish fear and look heavenward for the courage we need to press on in new directions.

    What a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just had a sermon that addressed this...We are about making disciples. How we accomplish it is where all the personal preferences come in. The why we do it stays the same. Conflicts always revolve around the events and programs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a fan of change... I've had a lot of it lately. But I know it is inevitable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes... this: "If growth requires change, then let me at it." I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree. Without change, how will we make any progress?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.