Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Overcome

They won the victory over him because of the blood of the lamb
    and the word of their testimony.
Revelation 12:11a GW

It's no secret that every believer has an enemy, one who wants to bring him down in the worst way.

However, we don't need to be afraid, because the Word tells us we can overcome him.

Jesus has already defeated him. When we accept Christ's sacrifice, the victory Christ won now becomes ours.

But there is a second part to receiving victory:  we have to testify about it.




Testimonies are so important. The enemy needs to hear us claiming victory and standing with Christ.

But we need to know your testimonies, too. It gives us hope to go on.

Because if God did it for you, I know He can do it for me

We need to know when God says yes: Testimonies of the job gotten, the child protected, the money coming in right when it was needed, the friendship restored.

Oh we need to know it is possible! 

We need to know when God says no: Testimonies of a different, BETTER answer to prayer help us know God has a plan. We can't imagine it, but all will be well.


~~~

Let me give you an example. Two times we have faced flood waters. The first time I was positively sure the Lord would say yes to my prayer and my house would be spared.

The answer was no.

Our house WAS flooded. We were devastated. But, my goodness, the miracles the Lord worked out for us! I can't even list them all for you! In the end, we were better off than before. (And a spiritual need was answered as well.)

The second time we were in danger of flooding, again I felt confident we would not be touched. I was just as confident as the first time, but the difference was that I knew, that I knew, that I knew all would be well, no matter what happened.

That dirty flood water had the audacity to lick the stones of our house's foundation, and hang around awhile, but finally receded back into the ground.

So, share your stories, peeps. We all need to know. You might just be a lifeline to someone whose hand is slipping off the rope.


~~~


I'm sharing this post at the Trekking Thru and #TellHisStory communities.


2 comments:

  1. Praise God for victories you have experienced. He is good! I am expecting a victory, I know God will work out our finances with the bank who is foreclosing on our house. This is the first time I have actually written or said it out loud. So there you go. I'm a friend from Trekking Thru. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love testimonies and there's a good reason why.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.