1. This week, I'm praising God for being with my husband and me through a time of testing ...
We'd had a couple of whirlwind weeks - crazy things like locking my keys in the car, leaving my phone in another person's vehicle and discovering it hours later, car break downs - you know, the stuff of life.
In the midst of the busy, it was time for a routine doctor visit for Jim. While there, the doctor said he could hear a heart murmur that hadn't been there when Jim first started going to him. An echo-cardiogram was scheduled.
The day of the echo was especially crazy. The results looked troubling and a heart cath was then scheduled...
Which brought us to this week. I decided I better go and find out the whole scoop, so I took off work for the day and at o'dark thirty we presented ourselves to the hospital. Jim was taken back to get ready for the test and the physician's assistant came out to introduce herself to me.
"Hi, I'm Jennifer. I'll be co-coordinating your husband's heart valve team."
Team!!! He needs a team?
I quickly learned the doctor thought we were in a severe situation. To say I was blind-sided is an understatement.
While testing went on all morning, thankfully I was alone in the waiting room, free to pace up and down the floor talking this thing out with God. I had family and prayer partners praying in agreement with us.
Long story, short: what was thought to be severe aortic stenosis turned out to be moderate. No surgery at the present time.
While I would have preferred an instantaneous healing and was dreaming of the doctor saying, "It's a miracle, I cannot find anything wrong," I'm thankful the dire predictions didn't come to pass. It's a journey, and I know God will walk us through every step of the way.
Other highlights of the week:
2. Sunday night, our church had a special singing and fellowship. We had a wonderful time. I love times like those!
3. Monday was Labor Day AND Janae's birthday. We had a great time celebrating God's gift to us. Any family celebration is a highlight in my book.
4. Cool weather came to my neck of the woods! Yay! I may or may not have thrown a pot of soup together for last night's dinner ...
Y'all, I love me some soup!
5. The calendar is free tomorrow. Oh yes, there are things I must do, but nothing SCHEDULED. You don't know how welcome that is!
And that wraps up the first week in September on my Journey ... How did YOUR week go? I'd love to know! Leave a comment, or link up a post of your own at Susanne's blog, Living to Tell the Story, where a great group of bloggers, the Friday's Favorite Five community, meet each Friday to share the blessings God has given them in their lives.
I'm also sharing at Crystal's #FreshMarketFriday and Arabah Joy's Grace&Truth communities.