Wednesday, January 18, 2017

2017 Goals

Here we are with the first half of January under our belt. 2017 is relatively new with few mistakes in it. We've a whole year to learn to cherish this one beautiful life we've been given.

How are we going to do that?

I don't believe in resolutions, but I do believe in goal setting. I want 2017 to look a little different than 2016, I've heard the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same things while expecting different results. That kind of thinking is not only insane, but illogical.

I've written about choosing a word to describe what I wanted 2017 to look like for me.  You can read all about it at the post entitled, My One Word for 2017. Basically I want to do less this year.

That's right, less.

It's insane for me to keep producing and producing and yet never getting anywhere.

I want to do less and be more.




Here are the 5 areas wherein I want to do less :


  • Do less. (Less useless activity. Less fluff. Let what I do mean more!)
  • Spend less. (Pretty self-explanatory. I need to save so I can give more. You can't give what you don't have)
  • Eat less. (Again, self-explanatory. Weigh less so I have more energy.)
  • Fret less. (Worry less, trust more.)
  • Strive less (Doing less in my OWN strength and relying more on His!)

Those are my goals ... what are yours? I'd love to know, so please join in the conversation. Also, if you'd like discussion on certain topics, leave a comment. The whole goal here at the Journey, and I know at The Loft as well, is to encourage YOU on your Journey.

I'm sharing this post at The Loft where the question today is, "What are your 5 top goals for 2017?"

Next week's question:  If you could go back to the day you accepted Christ, what would you tell yourself? We'd love to hear your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how true ... to be more requires that we give up many things, to choose what's best rather than what's simply good.

    Looking forward to how this plays out for you in the months ahead, Jerralea ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great goals to work on in this new year! Definitely stressing less is a good one and just abide and be still and know He is God!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.