Thursday, August 13, 2015

Quote Collector

I'm a quote collector. I've been collecting them for years. For the past 7 years I've kept digital files of them. Before that, I scribbled them, or printed them out and cut and pasted them into journals. The digital files are a lot easier to access.

Quotes are inspirational and challenging to me. They can also be funny, uplifting, and give you that feeling of "Hey, me too! I thought I was the only one who felt that way!"

I love quotes so much I share them at least twice weekly in my posts.

I'm going to indulge my love of listing and share 10 of my faves with you. (These quotes are from my 2009 and 2010 collection. I've got tons more!)

Inspirational


Your future has no room for the mistakes of your past.... Joyce Meyer 


… "It was like God was saying, 'Quit yer bellyaching and DO THE WORK and don't forget I will show up each time, making it better and better in the process. Not so you can boast about your abilities, but so you can boast in Me.' … from Marybeth Whalen Cheaper By the Half-Dozen blog post, “Do The Work”

The optimist says, the cup is half full. The pessimist says, the cup is half empty. The child of God says, my cup runneth over.... Anonymous

The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes. ~ Harold B. Lee

We're to seek for beauty...
and refuse to see 
anything else." 
 Anne of Avonlea


" My words are seeds that take hold in the soil of spirit. I choose to plant and grow happiness and hope."
... Keeley from Katillac Shack post, Budget Decorating: Sunflower Seeds of Content

Humorous


"Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hair stylist you like"  ... Author Unknown 



He who sings his own praise is usually off key.
... Unknown  
  

Me Too!
And so I battle with myself, fighting between who I am and who I long to be.Karen Hossink, Surviving Motherhood blogpost “Category of the Month –God is Good” May 5, 2010


I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that loving is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. ~ Audrey Hepburn  

... Hmmm ... that "loving is the best calorie burner" part ... I found that loving packs on pounds ... but otherwise, Audrey, I'm in total agreement!

Do you have a quote that resonates with you? We can learn from each other, and I'd love it if you would comment below and share your favorite quote.

Mama’s Losin’ It

This post was written in response to Writer's Workshop prompt #6. Share a favorite quote (or group of quotes) that you enjoy and describe what they mean to you. If you'd like to link up your own post, visit Kat Bouska's blog, Mama's Losin' It.

10 comments:

  1. My favorite quote that you listed was the one from anonymous about "my cup runneth over"...that's a daily attitude that will change one's life!

    Two of my favorite quotes are:

    "This too shall pass" ~ anonymous
    and
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." ` Maya Angelou

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy a good quote.

    “It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hair stylist one was LOL. Liked lots of others, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have collected quotes over the years like you have :) Honestly right now I can't remember a single quote that I have liked; perhaps I need to start keeping track of them like you do :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not at all surprised that the collection of quotes that you share simply illustrate the wisdom I know you already carry in your own heart and mind. Work within our own walls...nothing more important to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite was about the most important work being in the home. It gives a different perspective than what we usually hear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great, Jerralea! I love quotes too. This one really speaks to me tonight:
    "The optimist says, the cup is half full. The pessimist says, the cup is half empty. The child of God says, my cup runneth over.... Anonymous"

    My sister has collected quotes for years. I keep telling her she should start a blog just of quotes. I'd read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Audrey's quote, and the one about the hair stylist:)

    My favorite quote today: Be Brave. Do not pray for the hard thing to go away but pray for a bravery to come that's bigger than the hard thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My best friend collects quotes! She puts her favorite ones where she can read them often. On her bathroom mirror, in her car, etc... I think it's a really great way to maintain positivity in your life!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.