Monday, July 20, 2015

Daybook: 07.20.15

For Today... Monday, July 20th


Outside my window...rainy skies and 82° - a reprieve from the stifling hot days of last week 


I am thankful... for the life I've been given. It can be messy and frustrating but the flashes of joy and contentment I receive in the midst of the messy make it all worthwhile.


I am wearing... a cute black and white side wrap tunic I found yard-saling, and a comfy pair of black cropped pants and my black and white gladiator sandals.


I am wondering... about a new unexpected turn of events, and what God's will is in all of this ...


I am reading... Sarah Loudin Thomas' "Until the Harvest."


In my garden... my flowers are growing and filling in my containers. Love it!


In my kitchen... are several packages of chicken. I'm going to freeze some, as well as make my favorite BBQ Broiled Chicken thighs. The girls want Garlic Cheese Chicken (I hope to post this recipe soon) and I want to try Lemon Butter Chicken. We will see what happens!


A favorite quote for today...

Be ordinary, 
boldly!... Sandi, at Dandelion Tea

A peek into one of my days...

4th of July Diva

and her cohort!

One of my favorite things... spending time with the babies.


From the board room... I thought I would share an organizational Pin that gets me excited:

Freezer Organization via A Bowl Full of Lemons
Photo and post via


Post Script:  a post I will be thinking about for a long time ....

What do your days look like?

~~~

The daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler. You can link up your own daybook at her site, The Simple Woman's Blog.

5 comments:

  1. Such a pleasure to read your daybook. I was happy to read that you are touched with joy and contentment. I felt uplifted by that. The freezer organization photo is awesome! I don't have a full freezer, but the idea is still inspirational. Thanks for sharing the linkmto the post you said you would be thinking about. I willbe thinking about it too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cool picture of the fridge organization! Lots of work to get it organized, but I'm sure a breeze afterwards to unpack and find things.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for this slight break in the heat we are having! :) Wish my freezer were this organized! Something I need to work on very badly!
    Those babies are so precious! :) Thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grand babies are growing. So cute! And life is messy -- punctuated with those joyful happy moments. I'm trying to stay in peace no matter how trying the time. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, Garlic Cheese Chicken sounds soooo good! Wanna come make me dinner? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.