I had to miss the last two Friday's Favorite Five linkups because, well, vacation! I missed everyone and it is good to get back in the groove of giving a shout-out to the blessings in everyday life.
1. I'm thankful when I got home from vacation to find my house intact. I had heard reports of how much rain and flooding our area had received via Facebook and the news. I was a tad apprehensive!
2. I'm thankful that things have went well when I returned to work. Of course, I'm behind a little, but not near as much as I could be.
3. I'm thankful for a safe trip. I've experienced a lot of car trouble on trips over the years so every time we go somewhere, I pray for protection. Our cars did very well and we had no problems.
4. I'm thankful for old friends. I was able to visit with some childhood friends and mentors and thoroughly enjoyed it. Everyone was so kind!
5. I've said it before but I'll say it again - I'm thankful for a/c. Y'all, the midwest is having a heat wave! I'm so glad I don't have to be out in it but I live and work in air conditioned spaces. I'm also glad the heat hasn't killed my flowers!
No time for pics this week on the Journey, unfortunately. Hopefully next week will be back to normal. I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.
If you would like to share your own FFF post and let us know 5 of your blessings, you can link up at Susanne's space, Living to Tell the Story.