Friday, June 5, 2015

F.F.F. - 06.05.15

Time for a look back at the week that was ... 

1. Last Saturday, I went yard-saling with all my girls.  We found a lot of things for the babies. The back end of my SUV was full.  It looked like rain all morning but thankfully it waited til later in the day.

2. Sunday was a good day. We had a guest speaker and his sermon is still giving me things to think about during the week. I love it when a sermon provokes thought!

3. After Sunday, the week flew by in a flurry of work, cooking, and playing with the babies. I did get an organizational project done; a tray with 3 bottles for my laundry room for the detergent, softener and oxyclean, I also got some of my flowers planted in colorful pots to sit on my outdoor bench. However; I didn't think to take pics in time for this post. It's funny how little projects get me so excited. I'm really very easily entertained.

4. Along those same lines, I got another organizational project done at work as well. It's crazy, but I feel ... lighter when another thing has been done.

5.  Quote of the week:  Goodness, so many to chose from because I have participated in the What We Learned in May meme and read tons of good stuff!  Here's just one of them:

Life Off-Script is just another way to live AWAKE, to remember that each person who crosses our path is a teacher.  Glennon Doyle Melton - See more at: http://momastery.com/blog/2015/05/27/foldergate/#sthash.oYpU7Ack.dpuf

If you would like to find out what I learned last month, go here.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos this week to share. I hope to rectify this soon, but for now, here is a May photo collage for your viewing pleasure:





And so another week ends on the Journey. How did your week go? I'd love it if you would share! Leave a comment, or link up at the wonderful Susanne's space, Living to Tell the Story.

13 comments:

  1. Aren't those babies cute?! How blessed you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it that your babies are so close by now, Jerralea. How fun that all of you ladies were able to go together to yard sales! Makes me miss my daughter. ;)

    I'm right there with you when it comes to feeling "lighter" after completing an organizational project. Nothing quite compares to that!

    Your pictures from May are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a good yard sale haul!

    I like those kinds of sermons, too, that stay with me and give me food for thought for days.

    I know what you mean about getting a project done or an area organized.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowering shrubs are beautiful! And I too like sermons that make me think. We have a good teacher/pastor and all of his sermons are like that. I need to spend more time next week on organization. Sounds like your yard sales really paid off! Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a good week for you. I think it's very wise to yard sale for things little ones need!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a fun and productive week. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jerralea! (I do love Oxyclean!!) It's funny how spending time organizing makes us feel so lighter! It's time well-spent. I'm glad you found so many goodies at the yard-sales. My husband adores garage sales, estate sales...anything like that. I will go with him sometimes, but we look for very different things!

    A good sermon is like diamonds. They shine and sparkle, and stay with you a long time :)
    Happy Sunday,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well that sounds like a great week...yard sales, bargains, babies, and fun projects completed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got a full fun week I'd say.
    Have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wise to do yard sales to find baby/child items! I know they generally sell the best at all garage sales :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to do organization projects! They make me so happy!
    I enjoyed reading your 'What I Learned in May' post too.
    I hope you're enjoying your week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All that gorgeous color! Beautiful May in your part of the world.

    Hurray for good finds ;-) And organizational projects. I think part of the lightness is just knowing in your mind that you've got things sorted!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a very productive week. I bet shopping for grands is the most fun.
    I feel like I need to do some organizing too but more so in my head. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.