Now, I'm not saying that life is all about happy, but it doesn't hurt to look for happy when you can find it.
Here's a list of 10 things that send me to a happy place.
1. Sunshine - I just feel better with sunbeams dancing outside.
2. Payday - my check doesn't seem to last too long, but still paydays make me happy.
3. Sweet tea - I've given it up on a daily basis, but I treat myself at least once or twice a week.
4. Road trips - I like short day trips with my hubby to view God's creation. Somehow, I feel more connected with Him there. And I like to take photos to remember the trip. And then I like to go to my own home and relax.
5. Mushy cards - I'm a words of affirmation girl so cards filled with sentiment make my day.
6. Same thing with blog comments - I love them!
7. Clean organized spaces - extra points if they are colorful.
8. A to-do list with a healthy amount of checked-off items: because let's be real, everything on my list is never going to be completely done.
9. Family dinners - I love bonding over food and fellowship, and if a belly-laugh or two happens, so much the better!
10. Of course, my favorite thing in the world is playing with these two:
What makes you feel a quiet contentment? What sends you to your happy place? Please share!
This post was written in response to Writer's Workshop prompt #2. List ten things that make you HAPPY. If you'd like to link up, visit Kat Bouska's blog, Mama's Losin' It.
Thank you, Kat, for giving an honorable mention to my blog post, "Principal's Office." It's one of my favorite life stories.