I'm back! I'm returning to participating in the weekly meme, Friday's Fave Five. Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, hosts this wonderful exercise of stopping each Friday to look back and reflect on the highlights of the past week.
Totally good for your soul and spirit!
1. April was a really busy month for me. Busy, fulfilling and yet I did miss my regular blogging schedule. You can read all about my April in my post, Let's Share What We Learned in April.
2. I saw this dreamy evening sky the other day, and I had to run get my camera:
3. I had a wonderful visit with my mom, sister and brother-in-law. Love it when family comes to visit!
4. I can't say enough about salads in a jar - especially if they are made with Ken's Apple Cider Vinaigrette dressing!
5. In light of how much salad I have eaten in the last few weeks, I thought this quote from Anne Lamott discussing wearing "forgiving pants" quite fitting:
"The world is too hard as it is, without letting your pants have an opinion on how you are doing. I struggle with enough esteem issues without letting my jeans get in on the act, volunteering random thoughts about my butt."
"Getting on a scale is like asking Dick Cheney to give you a sense of your own self-worth every morning"
Anne Lamott – Facebook post
Go and read her whole post. You'll get a kick out of it. (My rewards from salad eating have been negated by the bag of chocolates I was given for Administrative Professionals Day ... oh well, there's always next month.)
And so ends another week on the Journey. How did your week go?