Thursday, April 30, 2015

Z is for Zap-Splat ... and Zealous

I recently found a new way to cook potatoes. It's fun and easy.

First, I zap them in the microwave ...




6 minutes in the microwave.  Then I open the bag and place each potato on a greased baking sheet.


Then I take a heavy glass and make each potato go splat!




Then either brush with olive oil, or put a small pat of butter on top each potato, sprinkle on some spices (I used Italian Seasoning). Add a little cheese, if you like, and broil until crispy around the edges. (I modified Caramel Potatoes' recipe, Crispy Smashed Potatoes, to suit our family's taste.)




Yum!

Have you ever felt like you have been zapped and knocked flat splat by life? I think we've all been there. What's worse is when we have no one to blame but ourselves for the mess we are in.

You can repent and turn from all the dumb stuff you found yourself doing. You can find hope in Jesus Christ. He came to redeem us - buy us back from the punishment we so richly deserved.

He gives us a new heart. Instead of being zapped by foolishness we can now be zealous (or eager) to do the right thing..

" ... waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works." Titus 2:13-14 ESV


It's all about the heart. Turn yours toward Christ You won't regret it.




Z is for Zap-Splat and Zealous is the last of posts in the Feasting Body and Soul from A-Z series. I believe family dinner is important and I also believe food for the soul is just as important. I've shared with you a recipe to feed your family each day as well as a devotional thought to feed your spirit.



During April, I’m participating in the A-Z Challenge.  Over  eight hundred writers (as of last count) will be posting in various categories. Visit here to see a list of all the fantastic bloggers – a veritable smorgasbord of entries to feast upon!

Thank you so much for stopping by the Journey today. I am honored you took the time to read my post. I'd love it if you would subscribe to receive my blog posts through email. Look on the top right hand column of my blog to find the box to enter your email address. You can follow me through social media as well. I'm on Pinterest and Facebook.  

1 comment:

  1. That is interesting how to make the potatoes that way. I have a recipe that you cut the potatoes into round slice, coat them with oil both sides and then put on them what you want; cheese, bacon bits etc., and then bake them in the oven (I think its 30 minutes at 350 degrees). They are yummy! I might have to try this recipe!

    A perfect way you ended the challenge to put the focus on Jesus to turn to him if we feel zapped.

    Congrats on finishing! A job well done! Good theme that you presented very well!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.