Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Y is for Yummy Jif Bars ... and Yesterday

Today I'm sharing one of my best recipes, Yummy Jif Bars. I have made this recipe literally hundreds of times, serving it at special family functions, church potlucks, or anytime one of us have a peanut butter or chocolate craving.


I posted this recipe back in 2009 on my blog. You can go here to see the recipe.

Try it, you'll like it!

As you know, I've been participating in the A-Z Blogging Challenge. My theme was "Feasting Body and Soul from A-Z."  The post I wrote for letter "T" talked about today and how now is the time to make things right with God.

But don't let "Y", yesterday, keep you stuck in the here and now. Don't let it stand between you and God.

Yesterday can have some precious memories that we all like to re-visit from time to time. Or perhaps not.  Maybe you don't like anything about yesterday.

Sometimes we have to leave those things behind.

Yesterday is over and done with and we can't change one thing about it. Sometimes apologies need to be made, repenting and turning from wrong living and maybe even restitution should be done, but we can't change one thing about what happened.

What we can do, is forget the things left behind - forget yesterday - and press on to the future.

No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. Philippians 3:13-14 NLT

Forget yesterday - forge on into the future God has for you now. If you are a believer living for Him, the future is bright.


Y is for Yummy Jif Bars ... and Yesterday
 is another post from my series, Feasting Body and Soul from A-Z.  I believe family dinner is important and I also believe food for the soul is just as important. Join me each day as I explore feeding both.


During April, I’m participating in the A-Z Challenge.  Over  eight hundred writers (as of last count) will be posting in various categories. Visit here to see a list of all the fantastic bloggers – a veritable smorgasbord of entries to feast upon!

Thank you so much for stopping by the Journey today. I am honored you took the time to read my post. I'd love it if you would subscribe to receive my blog posts through email. Look on the top right hand column of my blog to find the box to enter your email address. You can follow me through social media as well. I'm on Pinterest and Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. Those bars do look delicious :) Can't believe we are almost done with the challenge! So enjoyed your series :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to click over for that recipe. Love the tried and true ones. That verse is one that is good to revisit over and over again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.