Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Praise Post #4


I have had a fun evening of loving on my grands, which makes me think of 5 more things to be thankful for - the 5 senses:


  1. Touch - love those hugs and kisses
  2. Sight - just looking at them makes me happy. Plus, what would I do if I could not read?  Shudder!
  3. Smell - There are so many great fragrances in the world. It would be sad if we could not smell flowers, aromas of good foods, and the fragrance of a freshly bathed baby.
  4. Hearing - I love to hear the babies vocalizing - so sweet! Hearing is such an wonderful gift and an important part of communicating.
  5. Taste - Imagine if you could not taste your favorite foods! It would be a sad day, indeed.

What are you thankful for today?

Each day in November we are linking up and sharing 5 blessings.  30 days times 5 blessings equal 150 praises! Now, it's your turn. Link up or if you don't have a blog, leave a comment and share.  (Subscribers, you will have to click through to my blog to see the links.)

7 comments:

Melanie Cook said...

What a blessing to have your grand babies with you! It sounds like you are savoring every moment!

Dianna said...

I loved your post of thankfulness today, Jerralea. I nodded my head in the affirmative with each thing you listed.

Enjoy those grandbabies...(like you have to be told to do that). ;-)

Joyful said...

I soooo love the smell of a baby!!!!
of course the freshly bathed one is the best! :)
And a baby laughing! Is there anything sweeter?
Have a blessed day!

betty said...

Nothing better than hearing the baby sounds!

betty

Faith said...

oh i miss my girls being babies!!! Maybe one day I will be a grandma too!! I love your praise list. Is it too late to join in?? I would love to do this...my weekend was extremely busy so I wasn't on my blog much but I was wondering if I could jump in and maybe just list one from the first 3 days and then 5 today? or I guess I could list 20 things today.......

Lisa said...

Sweet baby's...A gift from God for sure. My grandmother could not smell and I was always sad for her. She had over 100 rose bushes, in her front yard, and could not smell them. She also was a wonderful baker and never smelled the wonderful breads or desserts she made. Thanks for sharing:)

Betsy Smith said...

They are such everyday things to us that we forget how lucky we are to have our senses. My dad lost his sense of smell long ago and I acutely think of how hard it would be to live without my smeller, it's hard!