Things You Don't Know About Me (This may be difficult because I have written extensively about my life for the last 6 years!)
1. I had a secret crush on Paul McCartney of the Beatles. (I know ... along with a million other girls.)
2. Then, I developed a crush on Glen Campbell. My uncle, who worked at an airlines, ran into Glen's roadies and got them to give him a signed poster from Glen Campbell for me. It was my prized possession for a long time, but I must have outgrown my crush because I don't know what happened to the poster. (My affections for Glen were before Tanya Tucker came onto the scene!)
3. I studied the violin for three years but gave it up when I broke my arm. (This is not a surprise to my friends that I see in real life because I always use this fact at parties where they play games having everyone write down something about themselves and then we all try to guess who. I don't know what that game is called unless it is Torture.)
4. I am a FlyBaby. Yes, I subscribed to FlyLady.net for a long time. I feel I have graduated so I don't get the emails anymore; but I love her and feel that if only I had thought of the idea first, I could have been the FlyLady.
5. Over the years I've worked for a politician, a doctor (dentist), a lawyer, a banker and a preacher. If my next boss is an Indian who dabbles in candlemaking while being a butcher on the side, I'll have pretty well encompassed all professions.
Things I'm Knowledgeable About (Knowledgeable, not expert, right?)
1. Organizing - I do it every day and in every area of my life. Then for fun, I will read every book, blog and magazine article I can find about the subject.
2. Church offices - I've been running a church office for over years - two different ones, two different states, two different denominations.
3. I'm a life-long student of the bible. I'm knowledgeable but I have a long way to go. My goal is to be ever-learning up to the last day of my Journey.
4. Cooking: I know the basics and can do most things well. I also know I'm not near as enthusiastic about it as I used to be!
5. My husband: I feel I know him inside and out and can pretty well know what he is going to do before he even does it. Of course, he likes to throw me a curve-ball now and then - that's what makes life interesting!
Things I Know Nothing About
1. Scuba diving
Things I believe
1. As soon as you say there is something one can't do, that person immediately wants to do it.
2. As soon as you think there is no point to cleaning your house today, who's going to see it? The. Doorbell. Will. Ring.
3. As soon as you think you have plenty of time to do that dreaded task, something will happen to steal your time and you are then left with egg on your face.
4. As soon as you come up with a plan to save extra money, an appliance will break down, or your husband will insist the car needs new tires TODAY.
5. As soon as you think you have plenty of time to get right with God, or make things right with someone who is upset with you, or to do that thing you've always wanted to do, you'll find out time is running out. Why wait?
If you'd like to link up and share five things about YOU, visit Kat's blog at Mama's Losin' It.