1. Of course my number one highlight is the great blessing God gave me to be born in such a great country built on the premise of freedom OF religion - not freedom FROM religion. I am thankful for this wonderful country and the benefits I enjoy. Thank you, also, to the many many great people of the military who protect us all, including my son-in-law, Daniel.
2. I'm also thankful this week for the blessing of family. Today, I'm sharing generation photos - three generations on Jim's side, and three on mine:
3. This past weekend, my mom, from Florida, and my sister and brother-in-law from Tennessee were here. We had a great time yard saling together and then we went to my favorite restaurant, O'Charley's, and ate and visited for like ... oh, two and half hours. Fun times.
4. I had a great week at work with some challenging new stuff thrown in. I love me a challenge!
5. Quote of the week: I've been reading Priscilla Shirer's "And We Are Changed," and got some great quote material that I will be sharing from time to time. Here is one that particularly struck me:
"He is not shocked or surprised by the darkness that you find all around you. It is by His design so that you, His lighthouse, can shine for His glory."
I've been remarking that we live in dark times with all that has been in the news lately. Now is our chance to shine!
Bonus: I've have to add that an encouraging note this week was the Hobby Lobby case where the Supreme Court ruled in their favor. Thankful for religious liberty!
So how was YOUR week? Leave a comment, or if you'd like to participate in Friday's Fave Fives, link up at Susanne's blog, Living to Tell the Story.