Everyone has fears, some rational, some irrational. Here are some of mine:
1. Mice: It's crazy, but not only am I afraid of them when they are alive, but I'm even more afraid of them when they are dead. After all, someone has to dispose of their nasty little corpses.
2. Heights. Anything taller than a step-ladder makes me dizzy.
3. Something happening to my children: I'm a mom. It doesn't matter that my kids are grown. I still have this fear.
4. Car wrecks: I've already been in one. You can read about it here. Hey, I made it out alive once, I might not the second time.
5. Illness: I'm not sure if I'm more afraid of getting ill or trying to pay the deductible for my insurance ...
6. Disappointing my Lord and Savior. The word is out that I'm a Christian. I want to be sure to not do anything that would reflect badly on Him. I know as long as I abide in Him and stay in the Word, I should be fine.*
I also remember that fear does not come from God; instead, He gives us power, love and sound judgement.*
Using my sound judgement, I will stay away from mice, heights and dangerous drivers, and trust Him with all the rest of my fears!
* John 15:1-9 2 Timothy 1:7
This post was written in response to Writer's Workshop prompt 1.) List your top 6 biggest fears, choose one and tell us why. You can link up at Kat's blog: Mama's Losin' It.
Q4U: What is YOUR biggest fear?