Friday, April 4, 2014

Writing the Journey

WRITER

I've been blogging now for almost 6 years.  When I started out, I felt like after a year or two, I would have said all there was to say.  Yet here I am, feeling like I have just scratched the surface.

In the beginning, my main objective was to leave a record of family life for those who might be interested.  So many of my people have passed away without me really getting a handle on the stories they had to tell.  I didn't want that to happen anymore.

My future grandchildren may think there is just too much of my writings to ever read all my thoughts.  I hope not for I feel my writing is my legacy.

Over time, another purpose for my blogging has emerged. I'm an encourager and writing is my means to do it.  I love writing about God and His word.  That is a given.  But I also like sharing with you the beauties in nature that I find, the nuggets of wisdom I come across in my reading, and hey!  I like passing along a new recipe or home organization tip I have tried that just might change your life.


Writing is all about sharing my journey through life. If you'd like to come along, you are always welcome!

STOP


Five Minute Friday


1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..


Sounds like fun, yes?  If you want to join us, go to Lisa-Jo Baker.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.