Monday, March 31, 2014

Daybook: 03.31.14

FOR TODAY, the last Monday in March

Outside my window... sunshine! I hear rain is on the way, but for now, let me enjoy the sun.

I am thinking... about something we were discussing at music practice.  Pastor was talking about how we don't really plan for Sundays, we just get up and then try to find out what we are wearing and try to make it to church on time.  I shared how as a young mom I learned to have everyone's clothes picked out before Sunday morning and have Sunday dinner planned.  Otherwise, all my thoughts were on getting the kids dressed and dinner cooked and I found there was no focus on the Lord at all. (I've always thought Sundays were the hardest day of the week if you were in leadership AND a mom.)

If I had it to do all over again, I would try my best to cook my Sunday dinner ahead to make the day go even smoother!

I am thankful... for the laid-back Sundays I now experience.  Now, instead of cooking big Sunday dinners, we go out.  I'm only responsible now for dressing myself.  Now, I get 2-3 hour naps on Sunday afternoons! (But if I could have my kids back at home, I'd gladly give up my lazy afternoons in a heartbeat!)

In the kitchen... weeknight ravioli - it makes great leftovers for lunches.

I am wearing... purple jeans, a pink crocheted tank and a pink cardi.

I am creating... a home that is a sanctuary.

I am reading... "The Letters," by Suzanne Woods Fisher

I am hoping... for a road trip soon.  It's been too long since we took one.

I am looking forward to... our daughter Janae's visit home in a couple weeks.

Around the house... photos of my kids and places I've been.  I love meaningful art!

I am pondering... the topic of Pastor's recent sermons:  Revelation 2 and the message to the seven churches.


A favorite quote for today...
 
"The churches of the land are sprinkled all over with bald-headed old sinners whose hair has been worn off by the constant friction of countless sermons that have been aimed at them and glanced off and hit the man in the pew behind." (H.W. Beecher)
 
I chuckled out loud when I read this!  How many of us think the sermon is for Bro. So and So yet never see how it could apply to us! 

One of my favorite things... light.  I love rooms that have light in them.

A few plans for the rest of the week: this is beauty week (smile).  It always seems that my appointments at the nail salon and the hair stylist end up being the same week of the month so I'm embracing it and calling it beauty week. It makes me feel good about myself!

I would also like to clean out the fridge this week ... we'll see!


A peek into my day...


Pansies always make me think of Spring!


The daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hofstetler.  You can link up at her site, The Simple Woman's Daybook.




2 comments:

  1. It is so good to be back around! Some folks make me laugh and some really think. You make me do both! :)
    It is cloudy here today but warm. Your thinking is something that younger mothers should learn from you. Great advice!
    You sound very Spring like today! Pink and purple. I am still in the fall mode I guess. Those colors tend to look better on me.
    Sunday night bible study is Revelations. It was very interesting going through chapter 2 and the 7 Churches. Made us take a good hard look at our own church.
    I am going to embrace "beauty week" too. I am going to get my hair cut off tomorrow. {{sigh}}
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying sunshine today too. Hurray at last it's warm! For now anyway. ha. Our Sundays are laid-back now too. The only hard part is getting up early so I do make sure my clothes are ready the day before, but the rest of the day is relaxing.

    Hope you get a road trip soon. We're taking one to Cleveland, Ohio, in a few weeks for my f-i-l to have a surgery up there. Not exactly the kind of road trip we'd prefer. ha. But maybe we can do something fun while we're there anyway.

    Isn't it great when kids come home? My oldest came home last weekend and it was such a pleasure to have her around, and helpful too. My youngest comes home this weekend. So good visits two weekends in a row!

    I love your pansies. So beautiful. Maybe it'll inspire me to plant some myself. Maybe? Have a great week, Jerralea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.