1. Fun at Work: Although the beginning of a new year entails a lot of work - reports, new budgets, cleaning out files - I love it. It really appeals to my organizational tendencies and I love playing with office supplies. This week and next, working is a little more challenging than usual. Decades-old carpet is being ripped up and being replaced by new laminate flooring. I work to the tune of grinding noise as scrapers take up old GLUED carpet. This job calls for big guns, so an electric machine (sorry, don't know the technical name) is being used.
2. Fun at Bible Study: This week I had the honor of teaching the bible study on 1 Peter 1 and I introduced the S.O.A.P. method of bible study. ( The S.O.A.P. method encourages you to take each passage of Scripture and write down Observations about it, and then discuss ways to Apply it to your life, finishing with Praying about what you've learned.) There was positive feedback and interest which always is a highlight. Another highlight was that I was well-prepared since I had worked earlier in the year on this passage of scripture. One less thing to worry about in this busy week.
3. Feeling of Accomplishment: I've written about this before but it bears repeating, Crossing things off my to-do list makes this slightly obsessive writer feel great! Although this week has been crammed with activity, realizing that I am making head way on my list gives me the push I need to keep going.
4. Friendship: On Saturday, we had "date night" where we double-dated with our friends Wayne and Glenda traveling to our favorite pizza place. We each had our favorite "Saluki Special" a supreme thin crust pizza with extra diced apples on top. We all agreed it tasted better than ever.
5. Favorite quote during this time of year when I'm tempted to go crazy setting goals:
“When you say yes to one thing, you are saying no to another.”
… seen on Morganize with Me
And so ends another week on the Journey. What was your week like? Leave a comment or link up at Susanne's blog, Living to Tell the Story.