Friday, January 17, 2014

Supportive Encouragement

ENCOURAGEMENT

My goal in life is to be an encouragement to others.  I feel that my spiritual gift is encouraging the saints.  I do that by writing and sharing uplifting scriptures and essays, praying for others and doing my best to edify my fellow believers.

My life verse is found in Paul's letter to the Ephesians:

Ephesians 4:16  New International Version (NIV)

From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

I want to be a supporting ligament, holding up and lifting up my brothers and sisters in Christ.

To really be an encouragement to others, I must first love them.  Sometimes, it takes the help of Christ, loving through me, to actually be able to do this. I must keep the focus off myself and on Christ first, others second.


I believe in encouragement so much, I wrote a series for 31 days about it.  You can read it here.

STOP 


Five Minute Friday

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..


Sounds like fun, yes?  If you want to join us, go to Lisa-Jo Baker.com.
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, just coming over from Lisa Jo's to encourage you!! She always says that encouragement is a superpower, therefore that makes you a super-hero!! Have a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger Lani - the flowerlady said...

    Hi there, just coming over from Lisa Jo's to encourage you!! She always says that encouragement is a superpower, therefore that makes you a super-hero!! Have a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jerralea
    Sometimes we are our own worst enemies, because we keep our hearts fixed on ourselves instead of Jesus. It is difficult to unlearn this habit. I like to be the ears of Jesus' Body that truly listens and hears without offering well-meaning, yet unasked for advice.
    Blessings XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.