There is no news greater than this!
Christmas is such a holy sacred time. Take time out of the busy Christmas rush to reflect on that Ultimate Gift and of the love behind the giving of the Gift...which segues into my Friday's Fave Five. Each Friday, I love to reflect on the blessings in my life. Whether great or small, there are blessings each week for which I can give praise.
1. Light! In the dark and dreary days of winter, light is so important to me. I love candlelight and all the twinkling lights of Christmas that adds so much to the atmosphere.
2. Music! Although, I must confess I do not enjoy leading Christmas carols in worship - they are very difficult to sing! - I do love to hear Christmas music sung by others. I'm also a big fan of instrumental music playing in the background. Music adds to the mood of my days.
3. Greetings! I love getting cards in the mail, newsletters and emails from all my friends this time of year. I have my 2013 Holiday Letter written and found some cute Holiday Animal Print stationery - yes, it is possible to find animal print! I will be working like crazy to get them in the mail tomorrow. I always call my newsletter a Holiday Letter for one reason - to diminish stress thinking they have to arrive before Christmas. It is NOT because I don't want to say the word Christmas.
4. Camera! I love my little Canon Powershot and love to share photos. Here are just a couple from around the house. I must admit very little decorating around the house has been done so far. I still have time ....
My favorite little Nativity that I have been using since my girls were small.
Not Christmas decor - but I had to show you progress in my office!
5. Fragrance! I love the smell of Christmas. Pine, apple, cinnamon and vanilla are the homey scents wafting from my candles and wax burners. Soon the smell of cookies and ham baking will add to the atmosphere.
And so ends another week on the Journey. I hope you are surrounded by a wonderful atmosphere of love, warmth, pretty sights, good smells and goodwill. If you would like to share, leave a comment, or link up at Susanne's blog, Living to Tell the Story.