Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Daybook: 12.23.13

FOR TODAY, MONDAY, DECEMBER 23rd

Outside my window...
the sun is peeking through some clouds.  After a weekend with unusually high temps and torrential rains, it's great to see sunshine and a temp of 28°.  It's more like our usual weather this time of year.  As a former flood victim, I'm always a little anxious when flash flood warnings are in the forecast.


I am thinking... of a family who lost their wife, mom, and grandmother on Sunday.  And the church lost a faithful worker. Such a shock! Yet, God is in control and does not make a mistake.  I'm praying the family will be comforted.

I am thankful... the area I live in did not get flooded.  The water was rising in my back yard, and I was praying! However it did not touch the house.  Thank you, Lord!

In the kitchen... pinto beans in the crock-pot.

I am wearing... light gray pants and sweater with a red tank and red striped infinity scarf.

I am creating... a peaceful organized haven that I call home.


I am reading... nothing right now but plan to start Neta and Dave Jackson's "Derailed," soon.  I finished reading "Wounded by God's People," by Anne Graham Lotz - excellent book.  I recommend it for everyone. 


I am looking forward to... having two of my chicklets home for Christmas dinner


Around the house... the tree is finally decorated and the presents are wrapped!

I am pondering... my young Church friend who has been putting YOLO after his name on his facebook status.  I asked him what it meant and he explained it meant "You Only Live Once."  The more I think about it, the more profound it is.  In light of my friend's sudden passing, it has struck me hard.  You only live once - make it count.  Don't waste it.


Hmm.... my daughter tells me that teens often use YOLO for justification to do what they want - You only live once so I might as well do ___________.  Like anything else, you can use something for good or bad.  I prefer to think of YOLO when thinking about accomplishing something.

A favorite quote for today... 

Isaiah 9:6  Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

For a child will be born for us,
a son will be given to us,
and the government will be on His shoulders.
He will be named
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

One of my favorite things... fudge - both chocolate and peanut butter

A few plans for the rest of the week: enjoying my family and praising God for the gift of Jesus.


A peek into my day...

2013 Christmas Tree 



The daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler.  To join in, visit her homepage, The Simple Woman's Daybook.
 

2 comments:

  1. Pinto beans, hum sounds like a good idea for a crock pot. Mine is full of pulled pork. I'm visiting while waiting for everyone to wake this am. Wishing you a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Your outfit sounded cute and festive. Losing loved ones at Christmas... so hard!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.