I hope all my readers had a joyous Christmas, the very merriest of days!
I, for one, had one of the best Christmases of my life.
The reason why it was the best Christmas is because I received some exciting news that day. The news that I am becoming a grandmother this June.
A grandma of TWINS!!!
1. Double blessing: My first Friday Fave Five is that I'm going to have not one, but two, sweet babies to lavish my attention upon. That means 4 sweet baby cheeks to kiss!
My husband and I are ecstatic. (Ecstatic is the word Jim chose to describe his feelings.) The only fly in the ointment, so to speak, is that these precious babies will be born in Colorado while we are in Illinois ... At least, this wondrous event is happening in the age of Skype, texting and camera phones! How DID grandparents make it before these awesome tools of technology?
Speaking of technology ...
2. Here are the babies' first family pictures ... while they are still in the womb!
They are fraternal twins. Isn't it cute that one of the sacs is heart-shaped?
3. Now on to more mundane things .... I just want to give a shout out to joining Amazon Prime. It was so nice to sit at home and order Christmas, get free shipping, and within two days have my gift here and ready to wrap. Free shipping is definitely a favorite of mine. I love shopping from home and not having to go into stores.
4. Simplified Christmas Dinner: My family loves ham and Hawaiian bread together. We had some along with a couple of sides and desserts made the day before. I wasn't nearly as worn out as when we do a turkey, dressing AND a ham and all the trimmings. I had a wonderful day celebrating Christmas and the twins and NOT worrying about food.
5. Smart TV and Netflix: Jim and I decided this year to get a
TV for our gift to each other. We got a smart TV and discovered LOST on
Netflix. Now I know, LOST is old news to most people but we had never
seen it before. We are really enjoying a marathon of watching the
shows. It does cut into my napping time though ....
And that's a wrap on another week on the Journey. How did YOUR week go? Leave a link in the comments, or consider linking up at Susanne's blog, Living to Tell the Story.