Yes, I love me some Fridays.
1. Solitude. Fridays are days I work in solitary confinement. No one else comes to the office (except the bulletin folders in the afternoon). Sometimes this is a great thing, when I am working on a project and need no interruptions. Sometimes it is not such a good thing because left alone, I can get off track. For the most part, having a quiet oasis towards the end of a busy week recharges my batteries.
2. Spiritual Workout: This week, our church has been having special meetings. I will admit it takes quite a bit of effort to drag my body out night after night (I'm SUCH a homebody) but it has been worth it. Of course, we have 3 nights to go as of this writing, but the overall theme of the revival - at least in my mind - is GET OUT OF THE BOAT! You can't walk on water if you don't get out of the boat. You can't accomplish anything for God if you don't take the first step.
3. Sisterhood: This week, a new sister has been added to the kingdom, and another sister is joining our fellowship along with her little boys. Excitation!
4. Songs: Singing has been very much on my mind as I've been the worship leader during some of our special meetings. I love singing - it sets the mood as nothing else can - and there are such wonderful songs with powerful lyrics that get me every time. It's hard to say whether I have a favorite because so many awesome songs exist. I just wish I had the ability to sing them all. My prayer is that in heaven I will be gifted to sing any song I want.
5. Say what? It's time for a new quote. I've been listening to Beth Moore on the Life Today website. I so love Beth! She gets me right where I live ...
The biggest idolatry problem we will have is “the god of me.”
Beth Moore, Wednesdays with Beth, 11/01/13
I get that. I really do. I do well until I run across something that really inconveniences me because it is so easy for me to "be all about me," when I need to be all about Him!
6. Bonus: I almost forgot - I posted my 1,000th published post this week, A Blessed Life. I'm excited because even after 1,000 posts, I can still think of things to write!
And so ends another week on the Journey. How was YOUR week? Please share in the comments, or link up at Susanne's blog, Living to Tell the Story.