Friday, September 27, 2013

Meditate on the True

TRUE

Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies. Philippians 4:8 (The Message)
BEAUTIFUL

It is so easy nowadays to believe a lie.  It seems everyone lies, and after awhile it is hard to distinguish the lie from the truth.

As Christians, I think the best way to combat this is to meditate on what you KNOW is true.  I believe the Word of God is wholly inspired by the Holy Spirit.  I believe every word is true.  I am committed to filling my mind with all the Word.

Each promise is true.  Each warning is true.  But I will never know what these promises and warnings are if I don't read them.  


Instead of filling our minds with less than the best, consider committing with me to fill our minds with the Word and with beautiful praise-worthy ideals and pictures.  Gaze on the beauties of nature, not the ugly perverted things man has created.  

There's an older saying, "live a higher life."  Aspire to greater things. Set the bar high.

You're capable of so much more.

STOP


Five Minute Friday


1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..


Sounds like fun, yes?  If you want to join us, go to Lisa-Jo Baker.com.

2 comments:

  1. Love this- so clear and so real and so true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jerralea
    Your words reminds me so much of something I once read about identifying counterfeit money. The only way to do that is to really know what the real one truly looks like.
    Blessings XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.