Friday, August 16, 2013

Small Beginnings


SMALL

“The people should not think that small beginnings are unimportant...." Zechariah 4:10 NCV

We of the microwave generation wish everything to be done right NOW. Snap of the fingers and there it is.

Unfortunately, life doesn't work that way.  You have to start somewhere and build from that foundation.

Since I began trying to exercise, get fit and lose weight, I have been despising the small start.  I want instant results!  Realistically thinking, that is not going to happen.

On looking at my weight chart I've been maintaining, I see that it has taken me 4 weeks to lose 4 pounds.

Kind of discouraging ...

Yet, when I think about it, if I break down the weight I've gained since being at my ideal weight, I realize it averages out to about 3 pounds a year. My weight gain was small each year but it added up.

My weight loss journey will have to be a series of small steps. Evenutally, I will get there - if I don't give up. (And I am not a quitter!)

I imagine that is the way with every great endeavor.  Starting out small, enduring a seemingly endless journey, but finally reaching a goal.  Hopefully, the goal will bring BIG rewards!

STOP




Five Minute Friday



1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..


Sounds like fun, yes?  If you want to join us, go to Lisa-Jo Baker.com.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jerralea
    I love your new hairstyle! It makes you look quite younger.
    Small steps, one at a time is what brings us to the end of our journeys. It teaches us perseverance, my friend!
    Blessings XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.