Monday, January 28, 2013

Water Reflections


It seems that seeing the sun sparkle on the water is a picture that always sticks with me ... I can close my eyes and see it as vividly as if I were back there.

A perfect day in rural Wisconsin, catching minnows in the creek with cousins as the sun painted a scene I would never forget ...

My first date with Jim at Brownsville Creek.  It was great fun to be splashed in the bright water, over and over, when it is that certain special someone doing the splashing ...



A beautiful day at Whippoorwill Lake, reading the Word together at a picnic table.  The sunbeams danced across the water ...


A late fall day at Rend Lake where we sat, faces soaking in sunshine, as we watched a fisherman haul in his catch.  I remember feeling such a relaxing peace as we lazed in the sun ...

Yes, there is something special about the combination of water and sun.

I wonder if the sun hit the water and sparkled the day John baptized Jesus in the Jordan River ... It was a very important day - the kick off, so to speak, of Jesus' public ministry.  The scene had to be indelibly printed on the minds of those who witnessed the baptism.  The Holy Spirit ... descending like a dove and alighting upon Jesus (which is how the New King James describes it).  Does it mean the Holy Spirit looked like an actual dove resting upon Jesus?  I don't know, but I think those who were there knew exactly what happened.  How awesome would it be to hear the audible voice of God say "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." I just wonder if the brightness of the Son dazzled everyone there?  I wonder if they could close their eyes, years later, and see that scene etched upon their eyes, as I can still see the precious memories of my times near the water.

I hope to have more days of sunning near the water.  But I believe that in eternity, I will also be dazzled by brightness upon the water:

Revelation 21:23 (NKJV)

The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light.


Revelation 22:1 (NKJV)

And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb.


The brightness of the Lamb, who is the Son, will reflect upon that crystal water and it will dazzle like nothing ever seen before!

I want to witness such a sight.  Don't you?

 
Today, I'm linking this to Michelle's Hear It on Sunday, Use It on Monday.  I felt inspiration from God to write this Sunday night. You can link up at her blog, Michelle DeRusha.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post Jerralea!! What lovely memories you have near the water! I love the sun sparkling on the water too, it is like a dream, a gift, to have that sight before your eyes. And the sounds of the water make it even more heavenly.
    I'm thankful to God for such beauty. Your words and beautiful photographs really make me want to travel to a lake and see that sight right now.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.