Monday, January 28, 2013

Daybook: 01.28.13



FOR TODAY, MONDAY, JANUARY 28TH


Outside my window...
rainy, dreary, 53°

I am thinking...do I want to accomplish a lot today? Or do I want to blog most of the day ... hmmm ....

I am thankful...to have a day off today.  Love those!

In the kitchen...grilled pork steak for dinner tonight

I am wearing...blue jean capris and a lime green shirt.  Can we say "comfy?"

I am creating... a more streamlined kitchen counter today.  I do not like too much "stuff" on my counters.

I am going...to stay home all day.  I do have a business meeting at the church tonight that I have to go to.  It's a rare thing when I can stay home all day long ...

I am wondering...if people notice we are beginning to lose some of our constitutional rights ... I don't want to start a debate, but it feels kind of scary right now.  I'm glad I trust in God and not in the government.

I am reading... "Multiply" by Francis Chan

A favorite quote for today...




"My kids don't need a supermama. They need a mama who needs a Super God"
Ann Voskamp – forward in “Desperate:  Hope for the Mom who Needs to Breathe”

I spent a lot of years wanting to be "supermom."  I failed miserably, and it kept me from being the fun kind of mom I always wanted to be:  the mom that was ready to play with the kids.  Playing Barbies with my girls was more important than having shiny floors. Don't make my same mistake!

One of my favorite things...my new cheetah-print throw I received for my birthday.  It feels like fur.

A few plans for the rest of the week: getting the newsletter out, finishing up my 2013 files ... and maybe watching some more Duck Dynasty and Storage Wars (Yuuup. My new obsession is reality TV.  Please don't hate me.)

A peek into my day...

Flowers from my husband for my birthday

The daybook concept was created by Peggy Hostetler.  You can link up at her blog, The Simple Woman's Daybook.






3 comments:

  1. Hi Jerralea! Sounds like a perfect day...if only you didn't have to go out tonight...but maybe you don't mind. I won't hate you for reality tv...I like it too as long as it isn't a bunch of negative emotions. Then I don't appreciate it too much. I am a pray-er...so I have to then pray for them! LOL

    Have a great rest of your day! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jerralea~ I agree with you that these are scary times. And, yes, so glad that we trust in God. The children and I often sing Psalm 20:7 "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we will remember the name of the Lord our God." It is lovely to not have to leave the house some days. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous roses! I think peach is my favorite color rose. it's so creamy! Happy belated birthday, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.