Friday, July 27, 2012

FFF=07.27.12

Welcome, all, to this edition of Friday's Fave Five:  a time when I look back upon my week and share 5 highlights that made life enjoyable.

Let's get right to it, shall we?

1. It turns out that our new pastor's wife, Andrea, loves to yard sale.  Naturally, we joined forces and went yard salin' last Saturday.  I happened to run across a mid century metal utility cart for $4.  I snagged it up and later I looked on e-Bay and found one like it, scratches and all, selling for $114.75!  Score!  Hubby is re-doing it for me. It will be black, and someday will hold on top a Kitchen-Aid mixer in red.  (I'm goal-setting.)


Also, I found a silver tray that needed some TLC.



What a difference some elbow grease and silver polish make!

2.  I have to share some photos of my gorgeous knock-out rose bush.  It really popped out this week with flowers.




It's just a baby rose bush, but I'm so proud.  Imagine next year's improvement!

3.  Monday, I met a long-lost cousin for lunch.  Actually, she was not lost, I knew where she was, but I had not seen her in years and years.  I did see her at a funeral visitation for a relative a couple years ago and we vowed to get together.  Finally, we did it.  It's sad but I have a lot of extended family that I don't even know their names.  I'm on a journey to rectify that situation.  It seems that facebook might be my biggest ally in the search.

4.  Uplifting post from Lisa-Jo Baker:



And there is a much greater voice, a voice with all the rich, resonant tones of Truth so filled with love for us that unlike that devil static He

"will no longer rebuke you,
but will rejoice over you with singing."
~Zephaniah 3:17
With singing.
Not hissing or criticizing or comparing or mocking.
With singing.

I love the idea that God is not comparing me or criticizing.  In fact, it's good to remember the enemy is the accuser of the brethren - not God.

Her post is wonderful, it's worth your time to go read the whole thing.


5.  Cooking with Liss:  Tuesday evening, Liss and I tried out a new couple of recipes.  I forgot to take photos but here are the links:



Yummy.  Liss and I loved it.  Jim wanted his old garlic bread recipe.  LOL


Chicken Alfredo Roll-Ups from Mmm ... Cafe



I loved it.  The homemade alfredo sauce that she shared is oh-so-good.

Thus ends another week on Jerralea's Journey.  It's been a good week filled with good books, good food, some fun posts, new blog followers, new revelations on the depth of God's love.  May your week be just as satisfying!


Why not link up at Susanne's Living To Tell The Story and share your week?

7 comments:

  1. What a great list of faves! I especially like your rose bush!! soooo pretty!! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to find a buddy to go yard saling. I remember that we had one of those trays in our kitchen when I was a kid--and it's worth over $100 now--wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, all of your food looks pretty amazing! I love all of your yard sales deals! We love to go yard-saling too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little rose bush! I have one too, that surprises me all the time w/ its sweet blooms. They are the most perfect buds! That chix dish looks wonderful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bread and roll ups look awesome. I'm so going to the links now to check it out.

    I can't believe that cart is worth that much. We just took one that is similar from hubby's mom's place. I'll have to let him know!

    What a blessing to be able to get together with cousins. Mine are all in Hungary and have only met them once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness -- such yummy stuff this week! I have been looking for a cart very similar to yours. Well done on the $4 deal! Your rose is looking pretty happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm off to check out that Alfredo recipe! Your yard sale finds are such fun...and affordable. Dream for your red Kitchen Aid!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.