Friday, June 1, 2012

Help to See


Today, I am participating in Lisa-Jo's meme, 5 Minute Friday.  She chooses a word, and we write for 5 minutes on the word.  We do the writing without agonizing if it's "good enough."  We just write because we love it. You can join in, too, by linking up at The Gypsy Mama blog.


SEE

The other day, I read at Ann Voskamp's blog, A Holy Experience, a quote by John Piper:

”I will keep coming back to anyone who helps me see and be astonished at what is in front of my face,” writes Piper ” — anyone who can help heal me from the disease of “seeing they do not see.’”

I thought, that's what I want, too.  I want to see what God has for me.  I do not want to be blind, or preoccupied and miss what God has for me.

In the natural, I am not very observant.  I can pass right by someone I know and love and not even see them by the side of the road.  (Sorry, honey!)

image by Kozzi
I am a student of God's word.  I need the word to open my eyes.  I need the Holy Spirit to give me understanding and bring to my memory what I have read so that I can apply it to my life.

I need help seeing.

And sometimes we help each other.  When you share something that God has illuminated in your life, you help my world be a little less dark.  I try to do the same for you.

Let us help each other "see."

STOP

7 comments:

  1. I like the direction you went with the prompt for "see." I also can be unobservant and miss even the obvious:) How much more does that apply to my spiritual life!? We do need illumination from the Holy Spirit, and I love that you brought out that we can even help each other see in the dark. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how right you are that we can pass right by and not see. I don't want to miss a moment of opportunity God puts in my path by being blind to it..thanks for sharing your encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I find myself caught up in looking at myself instead of seeing what others see. It's a shameful process... but I'm learning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me think of that old hymn, "Open mine eyes that I may see Glimpses of truth thou hast for me. . ." I'm one who can pass by things and not see them, too. And I'm amazed at how many times I can read a passage of Scripture and not SEE --- really see -- what's there for me. Isn't it great how we can all help each other to see with His eyes all that He has for us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good Jerralea!~ We do need to see what God has for us, and to see what is before us already by His Grace! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can really relate to this post...my kids are always asking me if I saw them pass by on the road...and 9 times out of 10 I don't...

    To be spiritually unobservant is something I seek the Lord to help me overcome...to see others through His eyes...to recognize opportunities He places before us...I need help seeing, too...

    And your words have helped me on many occasions see more clearly what the Lord wants me to do...thank you, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I grow weary living the blind life. I want his word to be the filter, the light unto my path and the lamp unto my feet. Your posts cause me to reflect and see, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.