Monday, June 4, 2012

Daybook - 06.04.12

FOR TODAY, MONDAY, JUNE 4TH

Outside my window... fog.

I am thinking...of the news that the son of an acquaintance of mine was killed in a car wreck Saturday.  He was the age of my Janae.  I'm praying for the family, especially the mother.  I have no words to comfort, but I know the One who can comfort.  I'm thankful she knows Him, too.

It's just another reminder that regardless of age, death can claim us at anytime. Those of us who know Christ have hope and know when our time comes, all will be well.

I am thankful...to feel better today.  Yesterday, I had a lot of sinus pain.

In the kitchen... Spaghetti, Garlic Bread and Salad tonight.  Later in the week, we'll be trying two new chicken recipes, sweet & sour chicken and chicken taquitos.  I'll share the recipes if they turn out well.

I am wearing...royal blue tank dress with royal blue, aqua, black and white jacket.

I am creating...a witness.  People watch our lives and are influenced, whether we want them to do so or not.

I am reading...Melody Carlson's "River Song."

A favorite quote for today...

“So many, so weighty are the gifts of God’s bounty”  Mathew Henry’s Commentaries (MHCC)

This commentary was on the passage of Psalm 68:19.  It was the scripture that so struck me back in May.  I wrote about it here.

One of my favorite things... organizing with a binder.

A few plans for the rest of the week: finishing up on my new blog design - how do you like it so far?

A peek into my day...

Table set for Sunday dinner with my Aunt Elizabeth's china


Daybooks are a creation of Peggy Hostetler.  You can link up at her blog, The Simple Woman's Daybook.








5 comments:

  1. I do love the new design AND I also love binder organization - that's how I am keeping track of all the special things to and from Natalie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look =} we had spaghetti last night too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful china! Your dinner sounds delicious. I started using a binder to organize my recipes that I have printed out from my computer but that is a work in progress ;)
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new design is great! I noticed it right off! I love those pictures in your header. I can't imagine cooking for 3! There are only 6 of us but when it comes to cooking I feel like I am feeding an army! I wish I could be so organized as to have my table set for dinner well in advance. I am using a new journal system that I found at Mom's toolbelt. and I love it! It is working for me...for now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart hurts for your acquaintance and their family. Praying they feel His loving embrace as they mourn...

    We're having spaghetti tomorrow with a new gluten-free noodle. I've missed spaghetti and am drooling just thinking about it! ;)

    Your design made me smile when I stopped by -- looks great!

    and I love this datebook link up idea. eliminates the feeling that we have nothing to blog about, don't you think?

    so thrilled to have "Met you" over at 5 minutes for faith today!

    all for Him with hugs to you,
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.