Friday, June 29, 2012

FFF - 06.29.12

Help! We are in the midst of a heat wave here in the heartland of America.  Hot Hot Hot temps and no rain in sight.

There are still blessings to be counted even during uncomfortable times. On Fridays, a group of us link up and share at least five highlights of our week.  Susanne is our lovely hostess, and if you'd like to join in, link up at her blog, Living to Tell the Story.

1. My first highlight of the week concerns my beloved blue van.  It wasn't cooling very well and hubby decided to add some cans of freon to it.  Then it didn't seem to cycle right at all ...remember, we had this air conditioner system totally rebuilt two years ago when we went to Florida. Trying to look on the bright side of things, we said, "No problem, we'll just drive the green van most of the time.  It has an excellent air conditioner."  Hubby decided to do some research on the internet and figured out the problem.  There was too much freon in the system now.  He got that taken care of and now the blue van cools like a freezer.  Even when the thermometer in the van said 104° outside, I had to turn the a/c vents off me, it was so cool.  This time of year, you gotta love air conditioning!

2.  Last Saturday, my daughter and I went treasure hunting - okay, that means yard saling.  I found several pair of pants, capris, jeans, shoes and a purse.  Most of the stuff is for when it gets cooler, but I can use the purse, a pair of capris, and the jeans now.  Score!

3.  Favorite post to write: I love gleaning inspiration from sermons and scripture.  Sunday's services last week gave me a couple of great ideas.  Pastor told the story of Shamgar and I used that as the inspiration for Use Your Sword. (Thanks, Pastor.)

4.  We had one day this week that only got into the upper 80's.  The air felt so good that day!  You just felt good to be alive. I'm remembering how great a day like that is while we are in the middle of a heat wave. Someday, there will be more like it.

5. Quote of the week: I love this quote that pertains to one of my favorite subjects, the Word of God.

In opposition... to all the suggestions of the devil, the sole, simple, and sufficient answer is the word of God. This puts to flight all the powers of darkness...
Charles Hodge

Remember how our Lord fought the devil - by quoting scripture.  Should we do no less?


Thus ends another week in the life of Jerralea.  I have much anticipation for the upcoming week - Independence Day is the 4th, and I have the day off!  Love those days off!

5 comments:

  1. "Sole, simple, sufficient" -- I love that!

    Good news about your van AC. Isn't it amazing that 80 degrees can feel cool?

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely need AC this week! I'm glad you got the van AC straightened out.

    We've had some nice, cool mornings even though the afternoons have been brutally hot.

    I'm glad the word of God is the "sole, simple, and sufficient" answer we need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee for days off. It's a little weird this year being in the middle of the week! So glad you got the AC issue solved. Oh man I keep hearing about your heat wave from various bloggers. I hope you get some relief soon. Hurray for the Word of God that helps us in every situation! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness I consider upper 80's to be smoking hot and would be melting then. Don't know what I'd do if I had live in that kind of heat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When it's so hot you don't want to breathe...yes, too hot and you need that AC, even in a van!

    Stay cool and focused on Him!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.