Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Taco Cupcakes

Recently, I mentioned in a post about a new recipe I experimented with and I turned Barbecue Cupcakes into Taco Cupcakes.  I was asked to share the details.



TACO CUPCAKES

Preheat oven to 350°

Spray a muffin pan with Pam.

Take one can of Grands Biscuits - the flaky kind that has layers.  Split each biscuit in half horizontally and roll each half out into a thin disk, approximately 6 inches in diameter. Press each disk into muffin pan.

Brown 2 lbs. hamburger.  Drain off fat.  Add 2 envelopes Taco Mix, and 1 1/3 C water. Simmer about 10 minutes.  Take off heat and spoon taco meat into each biscuit shell. Top generously with shredded cheese. (I use Monterey Jack/Colby blend.)


Bake at 350° for approximately 15 minutes, or until shell is golden brown.

Makes 16 servings.  I garnish mine with a dollop of sour cream and a spoonful of salsa.








I'm linking up with Jen's blog party, Tasty Tuesday, at her blog, Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.  Ok, it's Wednesday, I admit it!  I'm running a tad behind .... :)


3 comments:

  1. These look SO GOOD! I am going to make them for my kids this weekend. I just found your blog a couple of weeks ago, and I enjoy it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nita, thanks for your kind words. I tried to email you or visit your blog, but I couldn't seem to find you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.