Monday, February 27, 2012

Daybook-02.27.12



FOR TODAY, MONDAY THE 27TH OF FEBRUARY

Outside my window...a mild day

I am thinking...we're getting closer to spring!  I love spring!

I am thankful...to have a job that  I love.

In the kitchen...Homemade Hamburger Helper  and green beans, cornbread

I am wearing...brown pants, cardi and boots with a red ruffly top

I am creating... blog posts

I am going...to make a Wal-Mart run after work.

I am wondering... what music to chose for the evening worship service this week.

I am reading...nothing right now, but I'm about to start a Jodi Picoult book next.

I am hoping...for answered prayer. I am confident it will happen, I just don't know when!

I am looking forward to...daylight savings time.  It will be here soon!

I am learning... "God cares more about our character than our comfort."   I don't know who said this first, but I do believe it's true.  If a trial is what it takes to make us more Christlike, then that is what God will allow.

Around the house...time to do a little dusting and change out the runner on the china cabinet.

I am pondering... the life of Joseph.  He never complained even though tons of discouraging things happened.  Amazingly, he still worked to the best of his ability in whatever position he was put in.  How many would do that today?  Because Joseph was a person of excellence, God blessed him.  In the end, Joseph was rewarded with a position of power and authority.

A favorite quote for today... "Good enough, never is."  (I don't know who originally said it, but Bro. Terry Eaves quoted it in a sermon.)  Think about it ... you'll realize it's true.

One of my favorite things... Clementine tangerines

A few plans for the rest of the week: I'm going to clean out my desk at work.

A peek into my day...


Early morning sun coming through my kitchen window.

Peggy Hostetler is the creator of the Daybook concept.  To learn more, visit her blog, The Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad we are close to spring, too! I love your star with the sun shining through :) Very pretty--and I love the color!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.