Friday, February 24, 2012

"Gritty"





I'm participating in Lisa-Jo's 5 minute Friday at The Gypsy Mama's Blog.  She issues a challenge and we have 5 minutes to write about it.

The word today is:



GRIT

If you have grit, you are a determined person, willing to tough out a situation.  You're not wishy-washy but you know what you want and have decided to do what it takes to get there.

True Grit Poster - http://www.imdb.com
Of course, when I hear the phrase "grit" - it's one you don't hear often anymore - my first thought was the movie, "True Grit," starring John Wayne, Kim Darby and Glen Campbell.  (It's crazy but Glen Campbell used to be one of my heart-throbs!  I seriously had a poster of him on my bedroom wall.)  But I digress.  If I remember correctly, the movie was about a girl who was determined to not give up until her father's killer had been brought to justice.

I'd like to think I am a "gritty" person.  There are some things that are important to me, things that I believe in and will not back down. I hope I'm known for standing for Christ and His word. I hope my little piece of the world knows that my family is mine and you better not mess with them!

The world may not know to say I have "grit," but I hope they recognize I'm a person of inte"grit"y.

STOP

{I did write this in 5 minutes, but it took a couple more minutes to find the "True Grit" illustration.)

6 comments:

  1. I love that you examine the positive side of "grit" because too often my mind goes right to dirt. As Christian women, we may not appear to the world as the grittiest gals, but oh, we are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you used a picture of John Wayne and referenced True Grit. I did that too. G

    ReplyDelete
  3. GRit isn't a word we use much anymore is it? I think we should bring it back! And I love that integrity has the word grit in it. Never thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too loved the picture of John Wayne!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. let's bring back the word "grit", let's celebrate us some moxie... love that you identify yourself here, I do too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I like your blog, hope you can check mine out to and follow if you want to :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.