Monday, January 9, 2012

Daybook 01.09.2012


 
FOR TODAY, MONDAY, JANUARY 9TH

Outside my window... a dreary day ...

I am thinking...about goals for 2012

I am thankful...to have had the Oklahoma kids home for a visit.

In the kitchen...homemade pizza and a salad

I am wearing...black jeans, boots and cardi, and a black, red and beige ruffly shirt.  I'm wearing a favorite pair of fleur-de-lis earrings.

I am creating...a bible study lesson

I am going...to enjoy my night at home tonight

I am wondering...what it will take to get certain people to open their eyes!

I am reading...nothing right now but I'm about to start "Freedom Writers" by Erin Gruwell and her students.  I'm looking forward to it.  My daughter - the - math - teacher is so pumped about it!  Erin Gruwell recently came to the high school where my daughter teaches.  Her speeches seemed to be life-changing with both the students and faculty. I can't wait to find out more. Erin said something I think bloggers can use:  "Write what needs to be written." Am I just writing fluff, or something that needs to be said?

I am hoping...to find some inspiration  ....

I am looking forward to...getting my hair done this Thursday.  I love getting my style "freshened!"

I am learning to wait for God's answer to a situation I am concerned about.

Around the house... everything is back to normal.  The Christmas decor is packed away for another year.

I am pondering...who God's choice for our church Women's Ministry leader for 2012 will be?

A favorite quote for today... "Perhaps too many Christians are overspending on themselves when they should be economizing for the kingdom."  from David Jeremiah in today's Turning Point Devotional. Ouch!

One of my favorite things...the end of the day when my husband and I watch our DVR recording of each day's Jeopardy game show program.  We are big trivia fans!

A few plans for the rest of the week: preparing bible lesson to present Wednesday, trip to hair salon Thursday.

A peek into my day...




I'm remembering last summer sitting on the banks of the Ohio river about dusk and seeing this beautiful scene created by God.





The daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler.  You can link up at her blog, The Simple Woman's Daybook.

2 comments:

  1. I like Jeopardy too, but I think Wheel of Fortune is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quote as well! Very powerful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.