Monday, October 10, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook, October 11, 2011



FOR TODAY, TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11


Outside my window... an overcast fall morning - rain is forecast for tomorrow.

I am thinking...about the things I love to do.  What things make me the most happy?  Bible Study, organizing, and writing would be my top 3.  I also love home decor, photographing landscapes, thrifting, recipes, tablescaping and humor!  Is there anyway to incorporate all the things I love into one blog?  I'm always hearing advice about finding your niche in the blogworld ... I don't know if I can just talk about one subject ... or maybe I need to have more than one blog.

I am thankful... all the things I'm interested in, though.  How boring would life be if one had nothing that made them excited!

In the kitchen... meatloaf, and I'm going to try a new recipe for potatoes. If it's good, I'll share the recipe and the link..

I am wearing... brown dress pants and cami, brown and pink ruffly tunic.

I am creating... my life.  How I want it to be fruitful!

I am going... to try to increase how much water I drink.

I am wondering...what God has in store for me next.

I am reading...book 4 in Sally John's series, The Other Way Home, "THE WINDING ROAD HOME."  It's pretty good.

I am hoping... to please God in everything I do.

I am looking forward to... the weekend.  I love weekends!

I am hearing... so much about the importance of prayer.  I feel God impressing on me and our church that right now we are to be busy praying.

Around the house... I've put out a few fall decorations. It's my favorite time of the year!  (I know ... I've already said that a bunch of times.)

I am pondering...why my most-read post is my recipe for pressure cooker green bean dinner!

One of my favorite things
...scented candles.  I got a new fragrance at Big Lots the other day:  cranberry fig.  Smells so yummy!

A few plans for the rest of the week: work on my next bible lesson (praying for inspiration!), scheduled for a haircut Thursday, and some more of that dreaded filing to be done!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...


The leaves have turned!


If you would like to participate in Daybooking, link up at Peggy's website:  The Simple Woman's Daybook.

3 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Hello, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am back from the lab, in my comfy clothes and drinking my second cup of coffee. Luckily for me, the lab was only 7 miles from home and in the same building as the Dr. I was number 39 and they called #36 right as I sat down so I got in and out quick.
I think the rest of the day will just be lazy as I read posts, maybe some handwork later if its not too dark to see.
I think you can cover all of your interests on one blog...recipes, sewing, Faith, it is sort of like juornaling except not private.
Go far it,
Mama Bear

blessings from a wildflower said...

Wonderful Post and the many interests make blogging fun!
~~Peace & Love & Healing & Blessings~~

MyStory of HiStory said...

Thanks much for stopping over at Yada Yadah today! So nice to "meet' you! Oh - I could use your organizing skills today as I clear/clean out the corner of my world.