Another whirlwind of a week flew by. In the midst of life, Friday is a time I stop to reflect on the high points of my week.
1. Vanilla Caramel Creamer - so comforting in my coffee! Now that it's cooler weather, I'm enjoying hot beverages again. It just feels soothing.
2. Entertaining - I invited our Women's Ministry group to hold their meeting at my house on Monday. This is another big step for me in "practicing hospitality." It went very well and I enjoyed it. I think they did, too.
3. Family visiting - my brother-in-law was in town holding a revival. We went to hear him preach and I always love to see him so excited and passionate about the Word of God.
4. Quote of the Week: Vision is something that is always on my mind, especially since I am in leadership at my church. I am seeking the Lord for vision for our little church group, and also for myself. Because of that, I really enjoyed this quote I ran across:
“A vision is not just a picture of what could be; it is an appeal to our better selves, a call to become something more.” ~ Rosabeth Moss Kanter
I believe God calls us, and enables us, to be something more. I think He always calls us to be more than we think we can be. The struggle to attain that calling is what makes us strong and reveals our talents and abilities.
5. Posting - I do love to write, which is why I became a blogger. I have to admit, though, when life gets busy, it's the first thing to fall by the wayside. I managed to post three times this week, and that makes me happy!
For those who mentioned last week that they would like to see my post on "This World Is Not My Home, So What Am I Supposed To Do," click here.
I'm linking this up with the lovely Susanne at Living To Tell The Story, the creator of Friday's Fave Five.