Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook, July 26, 2011


FOR TODAY, TUESDAY, JULY 26TH




Outside my window...at 6:20 a.m. the not-so-gentle tap-tap-tap of carpenters putting on the last of our new siding on our house!




I am thinking... of how satisfying to finally get the outside of the house remodeled.  What a blessing!




I am thankful... that God always works out things for good.  (See Romans 8:28)




In the kitchen... homemade pizza.  I am so happy that I finally got a menu together to know each day what to fix for dinner.  It takes the pressure off ... and you know, that's a good thing!




I am wearing... a black tank dress with an aqua flowered jacket.  It's made out of my favorite material - so comfy and cool.




I am creating... order in my home.  It's a big job, moving back in!  HOW did we fit all this stuff in our house?  Needless to say, I'm getting a lot of things together to take to Goodwill ....


I am going... to be so happy when all the remodeling/moving back home is over!



I am wondering...what it feels like to not have anything to do after the workday ends ...




I am reading...Book 3 of Lynette Eason's Women of Justice series, "A Killer Among Us."  I adore mysteries, the problem being I can hardly put one down to go to sleep!




I am hoping... to be finished moving by the end of the week.




I am looking forward to...cooler weather.  I'm ready for fall!




I am hearing... the hum of the a/c and the ceiling fans whirring.




Around the house... items still waiting for a place for them to be stored ...




I am pondering...how I had so much stuff in this house!




One of my favorite things... a decluttered area - I could feast my eyes on it all day.




A few plans for the rest of the week: finish unpacking, friends over for dinner Saturday.




Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...


I'm dreaming of reading under a cool shady tree like this one!



The Simple Woman's Daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler.  You can join in with other daybook-ers here at her blog.

2 comments:

  1. OK, I realize I haven't been around here in a while...
    What's this about a move???

    And the menu thing? My mom always did that, hence - so do I. I LOVE only thinking about "What's for dinner?" once a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, sometimes I wish I could just move out and back in to my same house. The clean out needs to happen at least every 10 years and I would like mine minus the flood of course. I am happy to see you posting and you sound like you are in a good place emotionally. I am excited for all your improvements and positive attitude. Oh...I would like to join you under that lovely tree to read. Have a blessed week friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.