Friday, July 29, 2011
Friday's Fave Five #149
Friday again, already? Seriously? Time has flown!
It's time to once again reflect on the highlights of the week. You can always find at least 5 if you look. Once you've found them, why not share them? You can do so by linking up at Susanne's blog, Living To Tell The Story.
1. Cooking in my own home: I'd never thought I say this since I have proclaimed often just how much I'm sick of cooking after 35 years, but I enjoyed cooking this week. Even though I drug a lot of stuff over to my aunt's home to use while I was cooking in her kitchen, it wasn't the same as being in my own domain. And, may I say, I love using my stove! I missed it greatly while I was gone.
2. The new siding on my home is done! I did not have time to take photos since the carpenters just finished yesterday, but to me, the outside of my home looks gorgeous! Of course, landscaping needs to be done, but we may not get to that until next spring. After all, we're in the middle of a killer heat wave ...
3. My a/c works: Midweek, our a/c quit cooling. We were upset thinking, "Oh no, it feels like déjà vu, last summer's a/c troubles are happening again!" I started sending up prayers for help! My hubby got a friend to help him take it out of the wall and then he cleaned out the insides. Seems there was a lot of sawdust and junk from all the remodeling that had gotten sucked up in there. Now it working just fine. I'm so thankful that God answered my prayer that it would be an easy problem to solve.
4. Unpacking is almost over! I could do a happy dance on this one! We only have 2 boxes and a bag of throw pillows to finish going through. Then a lot of hauling stuff to Goodwill needs to be done and we will be finished. Please, take my advice, and start decluttering now. You do not want to go through a disaster and be burdened with clutter. I'm trying my best to only keep things that I love and are meaningful to me.
5. A smooth work week: Things went so well this week. I was struck anew how much I really like my job. Now that I've been doing it so long, I feel like I have a really great schedule worked out so that everything gets done in a timely manner. The next month is usually one of my busiest times of the year but I'm not dreading it. I know just what to do and when to do it, and that's a lovely feeling!
That sums up my last week of July! How did yours go?