Friday, July 22, 2011
Friday's Fave Five #148
Hello everyone! It's been a long time since I've posted anything since I've been in the middle of flood recovery. Basically, we've had to demo and then rebuild our home. Moving back into our home taught me that it is much easier to move when you are in your twenties than it is when you are in your fifties!
I am living life in the midst of unpacking boxes ... which leaves no time for blogging, photography and road trips. I decided to write a quick blog post today before work since I have missed participating in Susanne's Friday's Favorite Five blog party.
Friday's Favorite Five is an exercise in looking for 5 positive things that happened in your week. You can always find at least 5 if you are seriously searching for them.
It might interest you to know that I have had many highlights since the flood because God has been blessing us so much! In future posts, I will be dwelling on this and also covering what I have learned through this experience.
Today, however, there is only time to list 5:
1. FEMA - this wonderful country of ours has made provision for our citizens when disaster strikes. I'm definitely thankful for FEMA. Without them, we would not be able to rebuild our home.
2. Friends - The willingness of friends to help has been amazing.
3. Financial Savings - One of the ways God has blessed has been arranging for us to run into great deals for the things we need to rebuild. Coincidence? I think not!
4. Furniture - This may seem shallow, but I've been excited to get a few new pieces of furniture. I've mostly had used furniture all my life - and there's definitely nothing wrong with that - but it is exciting to get something new!
5. Furnishings - Elissa and I have had a ball redecorating. It was time to update anyway, and I'm thrilled with our new look. Hopefully soon I'll have some photos to share.
I bet you could find 5 highlights from your week. If you'd like to share, visit Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and link up.