Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday's Fave Five #140

Hello!  It's great to have a spare minute to participate in Susanne's meme, "Friday's Fave Five."  On Fridays, we all link up at her blog, Living to Tell the Story, and share about 5 highlights that brightened our week.

Due to circumstances, I've missed almost a month of joining in this uplifting exercise, so I thought I would quickly share a few things.

1.  New "daring" manincure:



LOL, I just wanted to show you my new manicure - french tips with a silver line.  I feel so rad with my nails done this way.  By the way, that is a cake pop I am holding.  We were experimenting and although we didn't make it beautiful, we made it yummy!

2. Eating out with my favorite young married couple:


We had a wonderful visit with Janae and Daniel.  The best part was they managed to get back home to Oklahoma before the tornado hit in Joplin, MO.  They travel close to Joplin to get home, and I'm so thankful they are safe!

3.  My three cuties on the night of Malia's graduation:

I have to admit, though, I am NOT taking it well with having my last chickie leave the nest and be finished with high school.  How did this happen???


4.  Safety - This Thursday night, our area was predicted to have severe storms, possibly even 9 different cells that could spawn tornadoes!  Although, a couple areas were hit with major damage, our little neck of the woods escaped damage.  Praise the Lord!


5.  As I've mentioned, we are doing a lot of remodeling since the flood damaged our home.  I figure I might as well really change things up.  Below is my new wall color for my kitchen, "Baked Bahama" from ValSpar paints at Lowes.  Now, imagine white beadboard and white chair rail covering those open studs.  We had to open up all the sheet rock and take out the insulation and spray bleach water inside to kill mold. Oh yeah, imagine a laminate floor there, too! And after 35 years of having a butcher block countertop, I am getting some kind of black marbly countertop.  I haven't made the final decision yet.


 


Well that's Jerralea's world for the end of May.  I hope all of you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, and do remember all those who have sacrificed for our freedoms, both national and spiritual.

We'll be celebrating the birth of a very special young lady, our first daughter, Elissa, this weekend.  God has blessed us!

15 comments:

  1. I've had a recent fascination with cake pops. You aren't helping! =D (Which so wasn't the ultimate point of that picture but YUM!)

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that pink color for the paint. I'm glad you and your friends were safe from tornadoes. I wish you a wonderful Memorial Weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to have a bite of that cake pop. It looks delicious, especially being modeled by such beautiful nails! :-)

    I feel for you losing your last baby from the nest. I’ll have to face that last year. If you figure out where the time went, let me know so I can get it back!

    Tornadoes sure are making their presence known this year! Glad you were safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Baked Bahama -- what a great color! Glad to hear your kids made it home safely. We used to pass Joplin on our way home to Tulsa. Take care and have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are recovering from all the weather related damage in your area. Hope your repairs and renovations go well. So your last chick has graduated... how does that happen? :0)
    Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that the storms missed your area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your nails. I never heard of a french manicure with a silver line. I may have to try that next time.

    i made cake pops one time. they too were delish but did NOT look like the pictures at bakerella's site.

    so glad you and those you love are safe. Also glad you were able to participate in FFF. i look forward to "meeting here" next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the manicure! And time with family is always wonderful, but it is hard when they start to leave home. . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. As soon as I saw your wall, I thought of white bead-board :-) It's going to be gorgeous! Congrats on your daughter's graduation. It's ridiculous how time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to your daughter though I totally understand your mixed feelings! I will be facing the last one graduating next year and it is coming way too soon for my liking.

    Sounds like fun to go a different direction with your decorating. Glad the tornadoes didn't affect you and that your kids were safe arriving back at their home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your nails look wonderful! (and so does that cake pop!)

    I'm so glad everyone you love is safe and sound. The weather has been terrifying.

    I can't even imagine what I'll do when my boys are old enough to leave home. I won't know what to do with myself!

    That's a really neat color, and the white will look fantastic with it. I love remodeling!

    ~Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very interesting. Keep working.
    my site is: http://cheapweddinggownsonline.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. That cake pop looked amazing and made my mouth water. I loved the french manicure with the silver line. I have just started growing nails (bit them for years) and right now have a shellac nail polish thing going to make them strong and healthy. It is an Aveda thing that I had done at my spa place. I used to not do this...but last year decided that I am worth the little extras.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.